Cruiser Crap Security Console Install help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TBH

Threads
Does anyone have instructions on how to install a cruiser crap security console? Tried searching the forum and couldn’t find it. Thanks for the help.

I've go an '83. Don't have the heater there, mine is under the passenger seat, but looks like something I can get done. Thanks for your help and the pictures. Enjoyed your thread.

So just installed the New Cruise Crap Security Console. Very Nice Console! Giving credit here to @efjay6tee for his thread on his install, very informative! Basically did the same thing, Home Depot 1” Aluminum angle bracket, cut short piece for the front and back to be bolted up to the existing OEM Console floor mounts. Used both front and back brackets of the new Cruiser Console. Front bracket no fab work other than drilling some holes to bolt it to the angle bracket. Rear Cruiser Console bracket requried some cutting to allow the Console to sit level, then bolted it to the angle bracket. The rear bracket needs to be flipped around compared to the install instructions from Cruiser Crap (brackets are designed for a 40), if not this would put the console wedged up against the rubber shifter boots. Lastly had to drill some new holes in the bottom of the Console for the Front bracket to bolt to, the rear bracket bolted right up to the pre-drilled holes of the console.

Love the Console overall! Dig the back tray that slides out, combo lock is solid. I didn’t utilize the front face plate that has cut outs for other switches at this point but may in the future (nice to have options). Nice to have cup holders both front and back, if you utilize the rear cup holders the folding down of the rear seat may be an issue but a simple Phillips screw driver can easily remove (for me not and issue as I rarely fold down my rear seat). Hope this helps to all that are in the market for a Center Console and maybe considering the Cruiser Crap Security Console. Greg

07F35A47-C018-4248-A3E4-C7C37EA20823.jpeg

D2DF982A-7486-439C-B831-E4DC69EA9F0B.jpeg

BBD4D6C9-93E5-4BC0-852F-C839FBBF3729.jpeg

3986A57C-4784-4B3D-BB3B-47C597D927EB.jpeg

5B7B58C4-2F90-43E8-8E12-A2886463BCF3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom