Cruiser Corps Stainless Steel Brake lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have experience with Cruiser Corps stainlees steel hard brakeline kit? I'm talking about quality and fit. My 72 FJ40 will be driven in the snow so I was considering upgrading to stainlees over steel.

Here the info from Cruiser Corps site:

BRAKE LINES - FJ40 1971-1975​

No reviews
$299.95
SKU: 584-103
Model: FJ40
Year: 1971-1975

Devo-

Thanks for your response. I was thinking about this kit. Has anyone used this?

1665762618251.png

Yes. I tried cruiser corps stainless steel lines and had leaks in way too many places where the fittings were bottomed out. They blamed me for over tightening. It turned out that actually the fittings are just too short. Everything worked fine after I bought the correct fittings and replaced them. Here is a pic.

8C57307C-25C3-405C-8A50-D4F2D9D90298.jpeg

I saw no reviews so that made me suspicious. After market parts are often poor quality and this is not just in the landcruiser restoration world. Thank you for the response. You saved me a lot of time , $$$ and aggrevation.

Wh
Yes. I tried cruiser corps stainless steel lines and had leaks in way too many places where the fittings were bottomed out. They blamed me for over tightening. It turned out that actually the fittings are just too short. Everything worked fine after I bought the correct fittings and replaced them. Here is a pic.

View attachment 3140560
ere did you find the CORRECT FITTING? I am about to have to replace my metal lines, and I am looking for the SIMPLE option, regardless of price, time and the end result being safe and leak free is my goal.

I just recieved my steel brake lines from Specter Off Road yesterday. I hope to install them this coming week. I compared the fittings from the old ones to the new, and the look the same. I will keep you posted on how this all goes.

I purchased brake line kit from Cruiser corps years ago and honestly they were junk. Buy certain parts from Cruiser outfitters that are still OEM. I ended up buying from someone on Mud and had good experience.

Sorry, did some searching for you and it was @Rainman looks like he may retired but maybe worth sending him a message and confirming it.

Last edited:
Second on rainman, got mine from him and they re great.

Mine work fine. No leaks. I made absolutely sure that I kept the caps on the loose ends, but a couple of them got loose in the mail. Even though the box was about right, I wasn't sure, until installation, if the faces of any of the lines touched just about anything, which could scratch or dent them.

I wish that I'd try my hand at making them, but, ran out of energy sourcing confident specs for the new tube.

View attachment 3140560

These fittings are the same length.

The bleeder screw hole kinda looks like the hole for the hydraulic line to the other wheel brake cylinder?

FWIW, for those that have just bought hardline and made their own with oem ends the stainless is much harder to flare which is why the fit is important because with the stainless its hard to modify or flare your own end if nec so proper routing & fit are key.

Rainman recently (within last 45 days) emailed me he was no longer making any brake lines. Too Bad for us.

I have a 4/72 FJ40 build date. I fnally put the brake lines from Specter Off Road on in the last couple of days. Here is my findings.

Good:
Correct type fittings
Good quality and workmanship
Tagged and well marked for location on the vehicle
Everything was there and for my specific vehicle. It is not a generic set of brake lines and you have to adapt.
Specter got them to me quickly.

Bad:
The bending and shaping was poor. My FJ40 is bone stock. On most lines I installed, the fittings were not even close to their target. Expect to do a lot of bending and fitting, and loosening here and adjusting there etc. I am certain the manufacturere used old brake lines as a template so they should be able to bend them closer.
Their not cheap. In fact their a bit pricey.

In the end, I am pleased with the finished product although they don't fit as nicely to the vehicle as the original. SOR brake lines are an OK option if you don't want to do your own cutting bending and flaring. However, I don't have much experince doing this task so I don't know if it would ultimatly be less time to make your own brake lines. It took me a good day and a half to get the SOR kit on and done. And I am willing to admit I am not a great mechanic.

20221113_152401.jpg

20221113_152410.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom