Cruiser Coffee in October (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jstncse

Crawling over something
Threads
Anybody care to pick up the ball and run with it while I am at the Chile Challenge? Our regular weekend would be this coming weekend, the 17th.

We can do it on the 24th if y'all want to.

I'm good with 24th, will have Isabelle with me.

Last edited:
Have fun gents. I'm going to be enjoying a full moon on a beach SOB. <- South of the Border

Meeting at 8am on Satruday the 24th. We will be inside I think. See ya then

It's on my calendar and I plan to be there this time. Still at Daily Grind - I-40 & Washington?

Yep at the Daily Grind at 8:00

Have fun gents. I'm going to be enjoying a full moon on a beach SOB. <- South of the Border

Have a great time and post up some pics for us land-locked folks...

I would guess it should be very pleasant down there this time of year.

Have a great time and post up some pics for us land-locked folks...

I would guess it should be very pleasant down there this time of year.
Ya know, I love my 4Runner. But a 3RZ is looking better and better. Blew the head gasket coming down 9 Mile Hill.

Ya know, I love my 4Runner. But a 3RZ is looking better and better. Blew the head gasket coming down 9 Mile Hill.

NOOOO!!! So sad!!
Better there than south of the border, I guess?

he's done that before too. :D i recall a head that was milled past spec was purchased at the time...

he's done that before too. :D i recall a head that was milled past spec was purchased at the time...

When Budlong rebuilt the engine they installed a gasket that was thicker than spec to make up for the extra milling on the head. This time I used a gasket shim with the head gasket.

Finally made it run today. Not happy. Blowing a bunch of smoke. I keep hoping it's just residual water (yes I changed the oil), but it doesn't seem to let up. Tomorrow a compression check on #4 to see if it's messed up. Also, the exhaust gasket that came with the gasket set doesn't seem to work well with the header. It's leaking.

Other than the smoke and the noise, it does seem to run OK.

Compression on #2 = 170.
Compression on #4 = 170.
Life is good. Truck has, for the most part, stopped smoking. Ran good down the freeway. Now I just need to deal with the exhaust gasket.

Compression on #2 = 170.
Compression on #4 = 170.
Life is good. Truck has, for the most part, stopped smoking. Ran good down the freeway. Now I just need to deal with the exhaust gasket.

Are you going to be able to get things repaired in time for your trip?

Are you going to be able to get things repaired in time for your trip?
Donedeal.

Header flange was warped. Had Budlong get it close to flat. I also pulled out an exhaust flange stud from the head. Helicoil was my friend. The issue with the gasket was it didn't really match the ports on the header flange and it was leaking around the ports. Todd suggest this high temperature copper silicone stuff to seal things up. It is supposed to cure for 24 hours. I can assure you that is not going to happen. I'm taking the tube with me in case we need to make a beach repair.

Donedeal.

Header flange was warped. Had Budlong get it close to flat. I also pulled out an exhaust flange stud from the head. Helicoil was my friend. The issue with the gasket was it didn't really match the ports on the header flange and it was leaking around the ports. Todd suggest this high temperature copper silicone stuff to seal things up. It is supposed to cure for 24 hours. I can assure you that is not going to happen. I'm taking the tube with me in case we need to make a beach repair.

Great - have fun!

See y'all in the morning

Chile Challenge 2015 002.JPG
Chile Challenge 2015 003.JPG

Looks like the Jeeps outnumbered the good guys
Chile Challenge 2015 007.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom