Cruiser Bros / T Tamer TCase and Tranny Rebuild Kits + OD Gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardharris

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
longrangeamerica.com
GEAR UP, GUYS

We move a lot of Terrain Tamer kits and gears for Land Cruiser TCase repairs and upgrades. Whether old school 40 or high tech 80 - we can give you the tools for a more quiet and economical ride.

The video below provides a good overview, but here are the key components we can provide:

Terrain Tamer Transfer Case Rebuild Kits with KOYO Bearings

Terrain Tamer TC Gears - Stock Ratio, Under- and Over-Drive

We stock the TC kits for all Series from early 40s through late 80s.

The most popular gearsets are overdrive TC gears for guys who have regeared their diffs and want some top end speed on the highway.

Georg rebuilds a lot of TCs at Valley Hybrids - and these Terrain Tamer kits are used in every build.

Give us a call if you are interested for your own rig or if you have a shop. Installers and resellers have access to our full range of repair kits and parts.

Thanks!

Ward (and Georg)
1-800-224-7801

upload_2016-9-8_14-14-55.png

Hi and Low Ratio Gears on 4WDTV

upload_2016-9-8_14-4-56.png

Last edited:
I had a whine in 3rd and 4th gears, bought a TT bearing rebuild kit for my four-speed, but it turned out it was the Transfer case input shaft was shot. Bought the bearing kit for that and wow like both are like new--smooth and no noise.
1975 BJ40

I had a whine in 3rd and 4th gears, bought a TT bearing rebuild kit for my four-speed, but it turned out it was the Transfer case input shaft was shot. Bought the bearing kit for that and wow like both are like new--smooth and no noise.
1975 BJ40
Great to hear! Maybe we should have a new marketing slogan - "Quit whining, call Cruiser Brothers!!" :)

Ward,

The guy in the video talked about the worn output splines and how Toyota made the mistake of not grabbing enough of the spline with the stock input gear. He said "we" now make a gear that grabs more splines. Was he referring to the McNamara gear or is Terrain Tamer now producing
the same

Ward,

The guy in the video talked about the worn output splines and how Toyota made the mistake of not grabbing enough of the spline with the stock input gear. He said "we" now make a gear that grabs more splines. Was he referring to the McNamara gear or is Terrain Tamer now producing
the same
Georg is checking. He won't let me answer technical questions. :(

Georg is checking. He won't let me answer technical questions. :(

I started searching through your Terrain Tamer vids and the gear is shown in this one. McNamara was the original builder of these but it's hard to acquire. There's a demand for these once people know they exist. I've seen way too many 4 speeds with the output shaft with worn out splines.
the first was my first truck, a 78 fj40. I had to replace the output at 125,000 miles

I started searching through your Terrain Tamer vids and the gear is shown in this one. McNamara was the original builder of these but it's hard to acquire. There's a demand for these once people know they exist. I've seen way too many 4 speeds with the output shaft with worn out splines.
the first was my first truck, a 78 fj40. I had to replace the output at 125,000 miles
Dave -
Georg has stocked the McNamaras in the past and he says these are a replacement with around three times the area of OEM. We will stock as follows, but an interesting comment on the first video where Allan mentioned the bigger gear - that was an early 4 speed with an earlier t case that the modified input gears do not fit.

Here's what we CAN supply, two modified gears from Terrain Tamer, both for the 19 spline shafts, NOT 16 spline.

36212-Mod34 to suit early split case trucks with manual transmissions only – late 4 speeds and early 5 speeds
-or-
36212-Mod32 to suit later split case trucks with either manual transmission (late 4 or late 5 speeds), or A440F automatic transmission

We have ordered for stock and they will be here in several weeks. Price for either is $329 (Suggested Retail). As with all of our products, these items are only available through our partner shops and resellers listed here. We are adding more partners all the time, so if you are a shop and want to be added, give me a call or PM.

Thanks,
Ward
:cheers:

Here is a snap of the Terrain Tamer item:

upload_2016-11-1_10-33-49.png

And here's the OEM and Terrain Tamer gears from the video:

upload_2016-11-1_13-11-37.png

Last edited:
And yet in episode 9, like you said , with the FJ45 wagon , they are working with the 16 spline case....Although they don't actually show the modified
gear, they just mention it. I would have thought the 45 wagon would have had a 3 speed and a 10 spline output. I'm guessing this one's been
upgraded

And yet in episode 9, like you said , with the FJ45 wagon , they are working with the 16 spline case....Although they don't actually show the modified
gear, they just mention it. I would have thought the 45 wagon would have had a 3 speed and a 10 spline output. I'm guessing this one's been
upgraded
Ya, I am sure a 50+ year old LC in Australia has potential for non-stock components.

Can you Pm me a quote on the 80 series over drive high range gears?
The set runs $975. They are back ordered...kind of hard to keep in stock. Let one of our installing shops/resellers know if you are interested in placing an order. Cruiser Brothers partner shops and resellers listed here.

Comprised of 36203-60081H and 36212-60100H as below.

Thanks for your interest and support! :cheers:

upload_2016-11-5_16-41-26.png
upload_2016-11-5_16-42-12.png

Dave -
Georg has stocked the McNamaras in the past and he says these are a replacement with around three times the area of OEM. We will stock as follows, but an interesting comment on the first video where Allan mentioned the bigger gear - that was an early 4 speed with an earlier t case that the modified input gears do not fit.

Here's what we CAN supply, two modified gears from Terrain Tamer, both for the 19 spline shafts, NOT 16 spline.

36212-Mod34 to suit early split case trucks with manual transmissions only – late 4 speeds and early 5 speeds
-or-
36212-Mod32 to suit later split case trucks with either manual transmission (late 4 or late 5 speeds), or A440F automatic transmission

We have ordered for stock and they will be here in several weeks. Price for either is $329 (Suggested Retail). As with all of our products, these items are only available through our partner shops and resellers listed here. We are adding more partners all the time, so if you are a shop and want to be added, give me a call or PM.

Thanks,
Ward
:cheers:

Here is a snap of the Terrain Tamer item:

View attachment 1345215

And here's the OEM and Terrain Tamer gears from the video:

View attachment 1345294
So is this the underdrive input gear? If so, does it work for the 80 series?

I'm not all that knowledgeable with gears, but looking to dive in soon.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom