Cruise Moab (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woooody

el Jefe
Threads
Is anyone planning on going out to Cruise Moab this year? I'm going out, probably leave on Sunday, May 1

Pigheads hitch'n a ride on my trailer this year. Prob leave Sun or Mon.

OK... Depending on how things unfold maybe we can caravan out there.

I'll be out there.
I'm leaving early tho... Taking the slow route. Great Basin Nat. Park, NV., ->Lehman Caves, ->Boulder, UT, -> Burr Trail -> Escalante/Grand Staircase ->Beef Basin ->Canyonlands ->Moab. We were originally going to make this a family road trip, but our 15 mo old is not traveling well at all right now so I’ll probably be running solo. If you boys can manage to get out Wednesday or Thursday the week prior and want to wander around, let me know.

I'll be out there.
I'm leaving early tho... Taking the slow route. Great Basin Nat. Park, NV., ->Lehman Caves, ->Boulder, UT, -> Burr Trail -> Escalante/Grand Staircase ->Beef Basin ->Canyonlands ->Moab. We were originally going to make this a family road trip, but our 15 mo old is not traveling well at all right now so I’ll probably be running solo. If you boys can manage to get out Wednesday or Thursday the week prior and want to wander around, let me know.

Who else is driving with you? Or were you going solo through Escalante, etc? What day were you planning to be in Moab?

That looks like a trip we did with Mudrak last year.

A friend from work may fly out there to do some mtn biking and tag along on a run or two, but it looks like I'm on my own for the drive out. I've modified my plans a bit to avoid some remote sections (I originally had a permit for the Maze district). Are you still on standby? If you can't get on any organized runs I'll have room for a copilot.
-ckp

Hey Craig

YEs, still on Stand By, but Mike Moore is doing a few other runs, so I may tag with him.

What days is your permit for the maze? Or did you turn it in? We had a blast with Mudrak and Dave last year there.

What day are you leaving? SUnday? Monday? I'm doing a BBQ Sat the 30th, but can leave as early as Sunday

Yeah, gave up the permit a month ago. I'm still planning on wandering through Capitol Reef, Beef Basin, Devils Lane/Elephant Hill, Lockhart Basin, Hurrah Pass and on into Moab. I'm planning to leave thursday morning. I'll probably make it into town on tuesday, but my reservation at Slickrock campground doesn't start 'till wednesday.
I'll pm you my cell number and I'm going to try to broadcast an APRS signal along the way. You can search for my position on Google Maps APRS by searching KI6SMG-1 When you get into town hit me up and maybe we can run a couple of trails before the event. I'll be on 146.460 if you can't reach me by phone.
Are you driving out with BK?

Craig -- I'll see you in Moab then. I may not leave until Monday. I'm in space #32

Craig, Our reservations are for tuesday. If you get in early you should be able to stay with us. I will have 146.46 on also. No aprs tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom