Events/Trails Cruise Moab 2021 April 12-17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phulcrum

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Phalcon Overland (Phalcon Trailers) is planning on attending Cruise Moab 2021 as a vendor. We are also being joined by 4wd Toyota Owner magazine for the event as they will be doing some write ups and videos on our upcoming trailer launch. We are hoping to have a good showing from the club as well as a caravan heading out and back. This is going to be the official thread for the run, so please let us know if you're in and any other details that may be useful. When we get closer I'll start a meal planning thread (the meal planning is always optional) as well as add details like comms and schedule.

We are hoping to lead one of the runs for the event while towing the new trailer and getting drone footage.

Cast members:
1. Elripster & herd
2. Phulcrum
3. Harley
4. Cruiser Bauers
5. BM in SD
6. Daklak

The current plan is to head out early Sat the 10th, drive to Mesquite and stop for the night. We should roll into Moab Sunday.

Last edited:
What is necessary to go on this run. Where do we sleep or have camp??

If you plan to attend, make sure you sign up for their email list at cruisemoab.com.

I am waiting to hear back from them regarding a lot of details, I will update as I get them.

Spoke with one of the organizers yesterday, they are not sure what kind of regulations the city of Moab will have in store for them. They will know by the end of next week (hopefully).

Assuming you have seen todays update that Jeep week Moab looks to be cancelled(although red rock 4 wheelers website just says on hold) and that Cruise Moab will be limited to 100 trucks with no vendor night and no dinner(with further update coming 8 Feb). Not sure if that will affect your plans as vendor, but if you are still going I am interested in joining the trip. I am not yet a beach n toys member but made two in person meetings the beginning of last year prior to things closing down due to the pandemic (so never made an event). We met briefly when I picked up an alpicool refrig from you at your place. If things are still a go, I would want to add slider steps and rear lockers to keep my trail options more open. I will look into current time lines to order and install but will probably wait until 8 Feb update to pull any ordering triggers.

At the moment we are on the hold side to figure out what we are going to do. We restarted meeting sometime ago an your welcome to come, we just had one last night. Come join any run or wrench days as that would be the last thing you need to do to get voted in.

I'm a possible on this, need to check when my North rim trip is

UPDATE: Grand County has removed the 250-person limit for events. We are moving forward with Cruise Moab 2021, at last!
  • Cruise Moab 2021 early registration will open on Sunday, Feb. 21 for anyone who was registered for the 2020 event (that was canceled due to COVID-19). We'll send out an email with details.
  • Cruise Moab 2021 regular registration will open on Wednesday, Feb. 24. We'll send out an email to the CM notification list. If you're not on the list, you can sign up here.
Details:

1. This will be a masked-up event. Masks will be required during registration, tech inspection, drivers meetings, and any gatherings at the Old Spanish Trail Arena. People who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave, and if they don’t comply, the staff at the Old Spanish Trail Arena has been instructed to call law enforcement. Seriously. The Grand County attorney has made it clear they intend to enforce and prosecute people who don’t comply with wearing a mask. If we aren’t on the same page with them, we may lose our event permit for future years.

If wearing a mask rubs you the wrong way, please don’t come to the 2021 Cruise Moab. Wait until next year when (hopefully) things will be back to normal.

2. There will be no vendor night, no group dinner, and no raffle. This will be a minimalist version of Cruise Moab that is mainly about wheeling trails during the day and hanging out around the campfire in very small groups at night. If you’ve never been to Cruise Moab, coming in 2021 will not give you the full experience. Make plans for 2022. On the other hand, we know some of you long-timers will probably love a version of Cruise Moab that is stripped down to the bones. Fair enough.

3. Reduced Price: since we’re not doing a vendor night, raffle, or dinner, this year’s price has been reduced from $250 to $200. Woo hoo! Please note: that doesn’t include BLM fees for you and your passengers.

4. Limited Merchandise. We’re doing men’s and women’s t-shirts only this year. No hoodies, no kids shirts, no baseball caps. Please order extra shirts when you register — merchandise sales at the event will be limited if we have them at all. FYI: this year’s shirt design is super cool!

5. Camping will be available at the Old Spanish Trail Arena. You can pitch a tent on the race track for $10/night. You don’t need a reservation if you’re tent camping. They also have a few spots for campers with hookups for electric & water, which you will need to reserve in advance. More details here.

6. Trail selection will happen in March. As in recent past years, we have separated trail selection from the registration process. If you're not sure about your current status, use the links below to join or renew:

Fooey!

So currently looks like @KTP and myself are still in to meet @chap79 ,

Phalcon will not be attending. Sorry fellas.

I might be interested in a camping trip to Moab, but can't quite see why one would pay $200 for the experience. There's ample space to roam and camp there without need of paying unless there's something one gets for their money. My last trip to that region was in '99 in my FJ62 into the Dark Canyon Wilderness south and east of Moab where my wife and I got pretty lost courtesy of AAA Map-n-Go software and, according to its map, taking the 'scenic route' to Canyonlands Nat'l Park... Thankfully we made it back to the highway and into Moab running on fumes...

Reactions: KTP
I might be interested in a camping trip to Moab, but can't quite see why one would pay $200 for the experience. There's ample space to roam and camp there without need of paying unless there's something one gets for their money. My last trip to that region was in '99 in my FJ62 into the Dark Canyon Wilderness south and east of Moab where my wife and I got pretty lost courtesy of AAA Map-n-Go software and, according to its map, taking the 'scenic route' to Canyonlands Nat'l Park... Thankfully we made it back to the highway and into Moab running on fumes...
The wife and I ended in the vicinity of Ruin Park on the attached GPX map file and were hoping to make it over to Elephant Hill, but determined we were too low on gas and camped at the Tower Ruins and decided to back track to less risky route. Been wanting to further explore that area for year (this time with ample gas, and other risk reducing elements...) An interesting video of the Elephant Hill route is here...

GPX viewer

Attachments

• buds-99-route.gpx
    349.7 KB · Views: 47
Watching, possibly interested. Any interest in a White Rim multi-day run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom