Cruise Moab 2020 - Canceled!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

which trails ?

which trails ?
Trail sign up is a separate process to be done later. I signed up to tail gun Fins, Jax Trax, & Elephant Hill, but no guarantees if I get them.

From the registration info:
Trail selection will be taking place... soon. Right now, we're targeting the beginning of March for this, but it could be earlier, so please please please check your email a couple of times a week. We know, email is a hassle, but we don't want you to miss out on trail selection.

Also after one hour 182 people had registered tonight :steer:

WOW, that's quick to fill up . . . :eek:

have fun :cheers: - I tail gunned in 2011 and 2012 - just today I wore the T-shirt saying "Cruise Moab staff", as a matter of fact :flamingo: (they always give a different color T-shirt to the volunteers)

Locked and loaded for CM20!

Word on the trails is the Cruise Moab 2020 is SOLD OUT!!! Less than 12 hours! That was fast.
Congrats to all that got in.
CM does have a waiting list so not all hope is lost just yet....
WOW!!! This is from the Mud "Cruise Moab" thread.

As of 10am MT, Cruise Moab is officially full.

Last edited:
As of 10am MT, Cruise Moab is officially full.
New World Record? This will be my 7th CM in 13 years and I remember it closing out in a little over a week one year and in 2 weeks going back about 10 years but this is crazy. I thought 4 days was unbelievable.
Speaks to the quality of the event that Rising Sun puts on.

New World Record? This will be my 7th CM in 13 years and I remember it closing out in a little over a week one year and in 2 weeks going back about 10 years but this is crazy. I thought 4 days was unbelievable.
Speaks to the quality of the event that Rising Sun puts on.
Yes a new record. Took like 14ish hours.
We do have a waiting list started, because people will drop out before the event.

For those officially signed up, I got the e-mail that trail selection will happen this Saturday morning by e-mail invite (in the order your registration was received). Anyone have an idea of what you're going to sign up for? Cruise Moab 2020 Schedule

My preferences:
Hell's Revenge at Night on Wed.
7 Mile Rim or Flat Iron Mesa or Kane Creek on Thurs.
Steel Bender or Jax Trax or 7 Mile Rim Fri.
Golden Spike Sat.

Good luck tomorrow, hope everyone gets their trails!

OK, so I didn't get my e-mail to register on Sched until 11:41am but I felt like I signed up pretty quick (within the first hour of original registration) and they said it would be in the order of registration. Registration was to happen from 10am - 12am MST. The fact that most trails were still available makes me think the e-mails took longer to generate than anticipated.

Results:
Hell's Revenge at Night on Wed.
7 Mile Rim on Thurs.
Steel Bender on Fri.
Golden Spike Sat.

The following email was just sent to all Cruise Moab registrants:

March 17, 2020

Dear Cruise Moab registrant,

We are disappointed to tell you that we are canceling the April dates for Cruise Moab 2020. Depending on the situation, we may reschedule for later this year (in the fall), but we cannot commit to anything at present.

If you’re wondering what changed:
  1. The Southeast Utah Health Department has ordered that all Moab-area hotels, campgrounds, and other lodging-related businesses be closed to nonlocal visitors starting tonight at midnight.
  2. Easter Jeep Safari has officially canceled their entire event.
  3. President Trump has issued new guidelines to avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people.
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sad and frustrating as it is, probably the right decision. Even with all of the cancellations and closures, it looks like we are in this for a long time and a lot of people will die. Anything we can do to reduce transmission is worth the sacrifice.

From the Johns Hopkins Daily Situation Report for March 17:

NON-PHARMACEUTICAL INTERVENTIONS Researchers from Imperial College London published findings from a modeling study on the potential effects of several non-pharmaceutical interventions in the United Kingdom and United States . The researchers concluded that efforts to mitigate the effects of the COVID-19 epidemic in each country—defined here as slowing transmission to reduce the peak of the epidemic—would be expected to still result in hundreds of thousands of deaths and overwhelmed health systems. Subsequently, they argue that efforts to suppress the epidemics—defined here as lowering transmission to bring R0 less than 1—are necessary to ensure the continued functioning of health systems. These measures, however, would likely need to be implemented for 18 months or longer. The study considered multiple interventions, both alone and combination with others: case isolation at home, voluntary quarantine of those living with cases, social distancing for individuals over the age of 70, social distancing of the entire populations, and school closures. The model indicates that a combination of these measures would be sufficient to suppress the epidemic and preserve the health system, but the disease would be expected to “quickly rebound” after the interventions are lifted. In order to maintain their impact, the measures would essentially need to be maintained until a vaccine becomes available, which could be 18 months or longer.

Wow!

For those interested in understanding the scope of the problem, I posted the Imperial College report in another thread. It's written where most anyone can understand the the suggestions are based on real data, what assumptions are made about how people will react to suggestions, and the difference between doing nothing (thinking the virus won't affect you or even pretending the virus isn't real), and doing at least something to help others. It also shows facts coming out of England that even a 40 year old should be concerned. Yep, expect 1 out of 20 forty year olds will require a hospital bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom