1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruise Moab 2018 anyone???

Discussion in 'MT- 406 Cruisers' started by rc51kid, Jan 25, 2018.

1. rc51kid

rc51kid

I think the stars just came into alignment. The last few years i drive from Atlanta Georgie to northwest WY to start work at May 5th. Right in the middle of Cruise Moab. I just talked with my director and i dont need to be in WY until the 9th! My last day of work in Atlanta is April 23. Sound about perfect for a Cruise Moab. Nothing is written in stone and i am still talking with the wife. But if i do Cruise Moab anyone else interested? We could meet down there whenever, enjoy the event and all ride back together. This is really all just for discussion and i cant really be 100% on this. But is anyone interested in this? This would be one hell of a way to get out of the snow and winter you guys will be sick of by May!

2. ttFJC

ttFJC

I have been lookng at this also. Not sure about it yet. My wife would be coming and she hasn’t gone on wheeling trips so id keeper mellow. I can always watch @TommyGuns drive his new lx450 up hells gate :). I know that @bagochips76 mentioned it at the club meeting last month. Bad idea to bring dogs?

3. rc51kid

rc51kid

I know some of the of the rides go into portions of the national park that are 100% no dogs allowed. But I dont know if it is just that one trail ride or more.

4. ttFJC

ttFJC

I’ve heard this before and this is why I ask

5. rc51kid

rc51kid

They talk about it I think in the trail descriptions for one of the rides.

6. Rigger

Rigger Ramble Tamble Staff Member Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    We went in 2016 and 2017. Not sure we’ll get there this time around.

It’s a fun event. You’ll love it.

7. bagochips76

bagochips76 SILVER Star

I'm doing my best to make it happen. I also need to go to Overland Expo for work so I'm not sure that I can make both happen.

8. Kyitty

Kyitty

Media:
    Albums:
    So Cruise Moab Will be May 1 - May 6 2018.

I would so love to make such a trip! Been to Moab twice and I'm in love. lol

Too far out to say right now. All about that $$$.

9. rc51kid

rc51kid

I hear you about the money. But it is too perfect for me. I need to be driving out there from Atlanta to NW WY by may 10th. So the timing is perfect. The event and a few days of hotel should hit about $750. Not really that much for me for a "vacation". I am hoping to run the Kokapelli trail in to Moab. But we are still working it all out.

elkun1 likes this.
  10. ttFJC

ttFJC

Just heard about this one on instagram today. Still thinking about it. This weekend would work better for my schedule. Thought i would post it. Dont know alot of details about expected number of poeple going to be there because its the first one. Might be nice to go with a smaller group of locals? Plus you know fj cruisers are cool to me. :)

441FEF25-6AF1-481A-8698-8B85C9902437.jpeg