Cruise Moab 2007 Pictures (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I/P access sux, but the scenery is incredible. So far we ran as follows:

Saturday Nite - Moki Dugway above Mexican Hat and Goosenecks of the San Juan overlooks.

Sunday - John's Canyon 35 mile RT, Valley of the Gods 17 miles after.

Monday - Comb Ridge and Arch Canyon (w/ record time exit)

Tuesday we did about 58 miles of trail on Lockhart Basin - from South to North - with about 15 miles of respectable trail and 100 miles of awesome scenery.

Today, Wednesday, met with Claudia and two other rigs and went to run Onion Creek, Rose Garden Hill, and Top of the World. Karen and I bailed after Onion Creek to get a break before the event begins. I'll try and post some pics next - w/ I/P cooperation.

For me the old saying "I love my cruiser, because of where it takes me" has never been more true!:cool: This trip has been a blast, awesome scenery, killer trails, great friends new and old. Have shot about 500 pix so far, will post more as time allows, a couple from Saturday, when the rigs were still clean.
4-28-2007_1.jpg
4-28-2007_2.jpg
4-28-2007_3.jpg

:confused:

You can't even see it. :) It's the pic. :D

:confused:

Sorry... let me clarify. I agree that the pic should be part of the artistic pics thread. In addition, I would like to make the comment that I also really dig Matt's FJC the one so wornderfully pertrayed in said picture. It is by far, my favorite FJC build so far.

Better?

Sorry... let me clarify. I agree that the pic should be part of the artistic pics thread. In addition, I would like to make the comment that I also really dig Matt's FJC the one so wornderfully pertrayed in said picture. It is by far, my favorite FJC build so far.

Better?

Nope. :D

I'd like to actually see his FJ. Any pics?

Here's some of Matt's rig in Lockhart Basin on Tuesday
matt1.jpg
matt2.jpg
matt3.jpg

Guys,
I had a blast from the time I met everyone at the Chevron. Lockhart Basin/Top of the World/ Arches/ were my favorites. Im still mad the tree huggers didnt want to fight.(Just Kidding) Kevin thanks for the leadership. Your spotting was right on. Yours and Carls map skills are much improved from what everyone else is saying. We didnt get lost every trip. Carl thanks for the invite and letting me tag along. Tell Karen I had a blast hangin out on those 10hr trail days. Rob thanks for throwing bolders and giving me the hardest line to follow. Us diabetics have to stick together. Buck anytime you want to race let me know. Make sure your out of 4 low before it goes down. Ill keep off the brakes so we dont have any of those abs issues. Jim great to meet you and driving to the top of the world. Let me know how the wife liked fins? BC/Drew you are hardcore. The trailer incident was crazy. Make sure you post some pics. Thanks for making the trip interesting and fun. Sorry i had to take off without saying goodbye but there is only so many days the wife can do it alone. My three little girls ranging from 1 month to 3 years can be a handful. After 5 days theres only so much one women can do. Let me know how all of the trails you guys picked turned out. I have new respect for pink panties for some reason.
Matt

Shots,
Send me an email if you want some more pics. The cage is almost finished. Couple cross bars for the gerry can holders and high lift mount, quick realease handles for the spare tire carrier will finisher off. Then to powdercoat. Im going to paint it pink in Kevins honor.
Matt

Matt that is awesome, nice rig good to see it almost finished tits!!!!!!! Dude did you get pink pantied bwahahahhh:cheers: Send me some shots. How were the 35"s on the red rocks??

Can't wait to go this summer, wish I could have joined all of you. Sounds like you all had a good time. Great shots everyone!!!!!PICS PICS PICS:)

Last edited:
holy crap...an exo'd fjc! i don't like those things, but that's freaking cool! i'm glad he uses and enjoys his toy! :cheers:

Trailbus,
The thirty fives are worth thier weight in gold. Blues dawg was running thirty threes and was makin it happen. Both work great. I just like a little more beef in the wheel department. I was airing down to about 19lbs and on extreme wheel travel I got a little wheel rub on my modified bodymount. Nothing major but if you can go 35's I would do it everytime. Not that it shows on my rock inspired design on my new pro comp wheels. I call it the rock ring. I should of got beadlocks. Well see how long these last.

Last edited:
Exo'd

holy ****...an exo'd fjc! i don't like those things, but that's freaking cool! i'm glad he uses and enjoys his toy! :cheers:
I even got a chance to use the exo at arches. Tools R US took photos of my FJ resting on a tree that he spotted me into. Just kidding I thought the tree was going to fall so I braced it. A 70 came through earlier that day and took roof damage but he made it out safe. He warned us but I never listen. Thats why I got the exo for that same reason. Just like curb feelers but tree and rock feelers.
Matt

I even got a chance to use the exo at arches. Tools R US took photos of my FJ resting on a tree that he spotted me into. Just kidding I thought the tree was going to fall so I braced it. A 70 came through earlier that day and took roof damage but he made it out safe. He warned us but I never listen. Thats why I got the exo for that same reason. Just like curb feelers but tree and rock feelers.
Matt

Matt,

Their rock feelers, not tree feelers. Tree feelers have long hair and wear pacculli (sp?). It was an unfortunate circumstance that made you rub ever so slightly against that tree, not causing an irreparable damage, of course.

Bman.
Yes it was unfortunate. Neither tree or car were hurt.Cage held up nicely and tree suffered minor bark and shot sap on the cage. Your right they are rock feelers.
Matt

Last edited:
Bman.
Yes it was unfortunate. Neither tree of car were hurt.Cage held up nicely and tree suffered minor bark and shot sap on the cage. Your right they are rock feelers.
Matt

Matt's tree abuse.:eek: :D
tree.jpg

Some pix from Sunday, John's Canyon, great trail, mostly a dirt road with killer views. One of the petroglyphs along the trail, there was some debate about the one in the right center, is it sunglasses or a bra? The last one was our lunch spot.
4-29-2007_1.jpg
4-29-2007_2.jpg
4-29-2007_3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom