Cruise Moab 2004 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Well, the planning begins. A handful of the PBB/IH8MUD regulars are working on an official gathering of the gang during the CM04 event in late April this year. C and I are attending...planning to exit Wisconsin on Friday night, April 23rd, arrive in/around Moab on Sunday, do some rafting on Mon/Tues, then wheel Wed thru Sat, returning home on Monday the 3rd.

so, anyone else going??

Plans include a tri-tip dinner with our now-regular compliment of microbrew exchange....

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/cruisemoab.html

I'm in with a contingent of Norcal Wagon guys. I'll be in my 80, arriving Monday. Plan to run Lockhart basin Tues/Wed, then the event runs through Sat, and home Sunday. I may stay and do the White Rim after CM-still undeceided. I would love to hook up for some micro brew exchange or tall tales or whatever.

One other thing-props to Rising Sun. Not only is the event great, I won the free entry they donated for Cruise Moab at Rubithon this year. Much appreciated guys.

I had a good friend of my family's pass away last CM2k+3 so certainly missed everyone last year, and feel bad because I had to let RS (of whom at the time I was a member) know I couldn't lead/gun. We down here in AZ should caravan up. Can't believe it is again around the corner :)

I heard ramblings last year plus ago that some different trails would be on the menu. Truth?

the form us up on the rising sun website....

only one 5 rated (pritchett)... and four 4+ rated...

recommendation time? Pritched is my Sat plan, and 4+ for the rest of the time...even if the missus drives...since the next time I'll likely make this event is 5-6 years from now, what are the "recommended" must see trails?

[quote author=woody link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg87252#msg87252 date=1073618399]what are the "recommended" must see trails?[/quote]
Must "see" or must crawl/flop? :D

[quote author=woody link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg87252#msg87252 date=1073618399]
what are the "recommended" must see trails?
[/quote]

It aint' too tough, but do ``Elephant Hill'' it will be worth your while...

I'll be there, along with a host of my rowdy friends from LSLC.....

Butch :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I'll be there for sure. Love to see Moab filled with all the cruisers.
Elephant Hill is a long trail, not very technical but ran it with CM03 and thought it well worth it. Looking forward to trying some new trails this time around.

I highly discourage anyone from buying raffle tickets though ;)

troy
1972 FJ40
WasatchCruisers.org

you guys are so lucky... by the time I finished composing my Reply, the site had logged me out and it was lost. :p

Woody, you must run Hells Revenge if you never have, it is slickrock personafiied. Lots of slick rock and lots of classic obstacles. also, Golden spike, its actually a combination of 3 trails and long, be sure to tag it on Thursday or Sat...

Cindy and I leave CA on Tuesday, arrive in Moab Wed Evening, camping at cottonwillow... I mean Slickrock Campground. We'll be trailering Cindy's Runner that I'm currently building and we'll be sporting our used piece of junk camper (it rained last time we were there). I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and attending all the evening type festivities. We're also running all the easy type trails this year, we're run most of the 4 and 4+ on our prior visits, going to take more leisurely trails this year and enjoy the scenery.

also bringing the horseshoes... this events need more horseshoes... pits right there and no horseshoes. Looser gets the winner a beer.... who's game?

Looking forward to it in major way... already getting ready!

I agree with TRT2. Hells revenge is a very enjoyable trail. One of my favorite slickrock trails for sure. When I go to Moab my kids get pretty pissed off if I don't take em out on hells revenge. My wife on the other hand won't go. Kansas flatlander squeals at the slightest angles. I'll get her out there one of these days. I just won't tell her where we're going.

Hells revenge is a great trail for medium to heavy grade trucks. lots of fun up on top and the rock gardens are great. MOab rim is Great until you go belly up (DOH) one for the kids and the flat land disinclined better half is fins and things. super easy trail with two good obstacles.
Dave

I'll be there too. Arriving on Sunday 4/25 and leaving on Sunday 5/2. I have not decided on the trails yet. I'm sure I'll be going on a few "outlaw" runs. Prefer to run with smaller groups than a huge organized runs. Looking forward to see how my new junk works in Moab this time.

BTW, I've got a full size spare in the back of my junk so I won't have to worry about the spare tire requirement.

Thanks,
Charles

Charles...

I am sure you can easily contact the event organizers and ask in advance. (politically correct answer). ;)

I just sent my reg in yesterday and confirmed the time off.

Meeting Phil (Hollywood) Pasciak there and bringing Jeeper Ron so he can help Rising Sun have their token jeep there.
Hey, its a nasty job but someone has to do it... and yes, he's TLCA... just bringing his jeep. Cindy has been cleaning up the used camper we bought... cause we'll be living large!!

[quote author=fj40charles link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg92707#msg92707 date=1074618951]
Tony,
Do you know if they're going to enforce the spare tire requirement? I have 42" tires and I can't fit a spare in the back of my 40.

Thanks,
Charles
[/quote]

I carry one....

TLCA is discussing their trail ride requirements now....check the TLCA forum here and pop out your opinion on spare tires.

I think I'll give a good try to make it this year. Gotta do the easy stuff with my wimpy 31" tires though....maybe find myself there earlier in the week to do some mountain biking! :D

Doing the Adventure xstream race in late March too! It's a 60 mile course with a kick butt 250' rappel by Gemini bridges. If anyone likes a good physical butt kicking, I highly recommend the race! 8)

-H-

26Jan2004 (UTC +8)

[quote author=Cruiserdrew link=board=4;threadid=9790;start=msg86243#msg86243 date=1073503605]
I'm in with a contingent of Norcal Wagon guys. I'll be in my 80, arriving Monday. Plan to run Lockhart basin Tues/Wed, then the event runs through Sat, and home Sunday. I may stay and do the White Rim after CM-still undeceided. I would love to hook up for some micro brew exchange or tall tales or whatever.

One other thing-props to Rising Sun. Not only is the event great, I won the free entry they donated for Cruise Moab at Rubithon this year. Much appreciated guys.
[/quote]

Andy, I'll be going with you and the rest of the NorCal wagons. I forgot the trails and days mentioned on the 80sCOOL NorCal mailing list, but I'll dig it up and register ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom