cruise control symptoms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings!

I am getting the power on indicator but cruise will not set at any speed. Brake fluid is full. But It happened twice that when I tried to set cruise at 65-70mph the overdrive shifted down to third. I turned off cruise power and it went back to normal. Anyone experienced with this?

Thanks!!

Greetings!

I am getting the power on indicator but cruise will not set at any speed. Brake fluid is full. But It happened twice that when I tried to set cruise at 65-70mph the overdrive shifted down to third. I turned off cruise power and it went back to normal. Anyone experienced with this?

Thanks!!

You'll need to go through the FSM diagnosis tree on the cruise. There are a lot of things that can be causing it.

Having same issue. Works sometimes, but only seems to work after vehicle has been running and engine heats up. Would like to hear what you figure out.

Pop the cover off the mechanism (on 97 it's a black cover/box 3/4 of the way toward windshield on passenger fender) and work the mechanism 20 or so times/add lubricant of choice. This was the culprit of one of my cruise control issues. YMMV.

Mine was a faulty combo switch.

lol, i wonder why this cable from the mechanism is zip tied to the air intake???

8F0B041D-1DF4-429B-A1AE-101FBEEB0295.jpeg

Same in both of my 80's, just a place to hang the wire??

1st law of troubleshooting:

Is it hooked up?!?!?!?!?

Pop the cover off the mechanism (on 97 it's a black cover/box 3/4 of the way toward windshield on passenger fender) and work the mechanism 20 or so times/add lubricant of choice. This was the culprit of one of my cruise control issues. YMMV.
FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom