Cruise control on 5 speed swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_4948.JPG
Holy crap we got the cruise to work!
I took the actuator back apart and bent that metal pin on the left. See how those two prongs are slightly bowed in and it looks weird?
I had moved them so they were parrallel, but that caused the one on the left to move up against that other metal pin to the far left. I think that might have been what caused the cruise light to start flashing and not work.
Then I just hooked that black/orange wire up to my blue remote wire for my amplifier that was right next to it behind the glovebox.

The blue remote amplifier wire gave the black/orange wire 12 volts.
I finally took it for a test drive farther down the street where I could get up above 30 mph and it worked perfect.
Sets coast, bumps up to accelerate, turns off when I tap the brakes. I laterally threw my hands up in excitement when it clicked on.
Thanks a bunch for all the troubleshooting help you guys did.
I think I'll just wire it up permanently to that amplifier wire unless you guys think that's a bad idea.
I'm gonna start a part time 4wd ABS troubleshoot thread with the marks adapter soon. If you guys want some more weird troubleshooting involving abs sensors, gravel, and the marks abs relocate kit look out for that.

Congratulations man! Glad you figured it out.

Excellent! If it were me, I would not wire the Black-Orange wire to the radio circuit, but rather to the yellow wire at either the ATM shift console plug or at the plug near the firewall. Keeps it closer to the OE setup, and not tied into another part of the truck...may save troubleshooting in the future.

Glad you figured it out.
X2 what CycloSteve said.
Jump IL1 connector pin 6 (yellow wire) to IL2 connector pin 4 (B-O wire) to get +12v on the drive light circuit with the key on.
The yellow wire from IL1 pin 6 powers the transmission indicator switch and the black orange wire to IL2 pin 4 is the Drive signal coming back from the transmission indicator switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom