Cruise control not working. Where is the fuse? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought my 97 cruiser 6 months ago and the cruise control has never worked since I bought it. Read the Haynes manual and it says to check the fuse. I have looked at the fuse box in the vehicle, and also undert the hood. None are labrelled cruise or similar. IS there a fuse for this?

My problem is nothing, no lights on dash etc. Just 'nothing'.

There are 4 circuits associated with the CC.
ECU-IG
GAUGE
STOP
ECU-B

All of these fuses are located by the driver's left knee. Check fuses with a meter, not your eyeballs.

You should purchase a factory service manual and electronic wiring manual for your truck and chuck the Hanes maual into the recycle bin.

Thanks mate!

Although in our Australian trucks the fuses are in front of our right knee I believe.
I will take a look at these tomorrow and see if any are blown.

Hmmm, I will look into the factory manual, going to look now :)
Thank you again.

Nice strat too by the way ;)
I play professionally and am currently playing a custom shop 'custom classic' that rips! And I love my old Marshall early metal panel tops and greenback 4x12 cabs.

Nice strat too by the way ;)
I play professionally and am currently playing a custom shop 'custom classic' that rips! And I love my old Marshall early metal panel tops and greenback 4x12 cabs.

Sweet. I play professionally only in my dreams. I'm more of a hack/blues player. My avatar is my 62 custom shop reissue in Daphne Blue. I also have a 68 custom shop reissue in black with 2 piece maple neck. Both of those are from the original Fender Custom Shop in the early 80s.
My son is the "real" player in the family. I can't keep up with him anymore.

Fantastic guitars Jon!!

I had a look at those 4x fuses but all of them are o.k.
Someone has installed a keyless remote and have an inkling that it's possible the cruise control was removed or cut, not sure why but I've always thought that.

Fantastic guitars Jon!!
I can just imagine him sneaking in a play on those when you weren't home :D that's what I used to do with my Dad's Fender when I was a kid, he never used to let me play it.

I had a look at those 4x fuses but all of them are o.k.
Someone has installed a keyless remote and have an inkling that it's possible the cruise control was removed or cut, not sure why but I've always thought that.

believe it or not, low brake fluid will cause your cruise control to stop working.

Low brake fluid will keep the CC from setting a speed, but it won't completely disable the CC system. When you activate the CC ECU, you should still see a green CRUISE lamp on the dash. This is letting you know that the CC ECU is functional.

There is a CC diagnostic somewhere that I need to dig up, but the ECU sounds like it's not getting power to me. I'll poke around when I get time today.

Guitars were never off limits in my house, even when my kids were little. I tought them to handle them and play very early on. However they were never allowed to handle them when I wasn't there. Now that they're older they pretty much do what they want, and I'm OK with that. Josh (17) has a really nice LP classic wth some flame and Rachel (13) has an SG bass.
http://www.sdsysdesign.com/tlc/guitars.html

I had an issue with my cruise control not working as well. The light would turn on green but would flash when I tried to set the speed. I replaced the cruise control actuator (used one from the forum). This didn't work at first either. I then read somewhere on the forum that the cruise actuator cable needs to be set as tight as possible (without increasing idle RPM). I did this adjustment and it is working now. Just another thing to check.

Hey guys,

So i’m experiencing similar issues with my 91’ Sahara original cruise.

The owner I purchased it off had removed and sold the actuator and computer, he also put a direct cable to the throttle as would have been needed with the actuator removal.

Anyway, over months of pulling my hair out on this one I have finally gathered all the pieces.

1. ECU - part number matched
2. Actuator - part number matched
3. OEM cable from pedal to the actuator
4. OEM cable from actuator to throttle

Brake control sensor looks like it is the same one, 4 wire with original plug.

So I am looking for some troubleshooting advice here if you can help!

Issue:
Green cruise light is illuminated when I press the stalk end in but nothing happens when I push downward to set a speed.

Ruling out the brake fluid level (just topped up to be sure)

I’ll try the cable tensioner - I’ll set to be as tight as possible without raising RPM at idle?

Is there anything else I could look to investigate?

Stumped!

US 91's have a very comprehensive OBD system that will usually pinpoint the trouble spot. Got an FSM? It should detail the procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom