Cruise control Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody, new to the 80 series forums. I just picked up a 92 FJ80 and drove it back home. I noticed the cruise control will turn on but will not set speed, anybody know what might be causing this?

Start with trailer wiring, a corroded plug is possible.
Check you stop light bulbs, I've seem brake and tail filaments almost welded together in the bulb.
From then on it's more trouble shooting.
Also check trailer light sockets. There is one in rear d/s hatch and one d/s rear under the bumper.

Download a copy of the FSM. The troubleshooting procedure for the cruise control is in there. Shotgun fault finding is never a good approach.

FWIW, Older multifunction controls have known internal contact problems. My '94 has a bad constant high beam switch contact. The intermittent switch works, but the maintained position won't.

Led lights can and will cause problems also

FWIW, Older multifunction controls have known internal contact problems. My '94 has a bad constant high beam switch contact. The intermittent switch works, but the maintained position won't.
FYI, that's fixable. I described how I fixed mine in my post here:

Make sure you have a brake pedle return spring and check the return hight of the peddle. After that it's FSM time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom