Wanted Cruise control computer and speed sensor for 91-92 80 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

KennyBob

Anybody can pray for rain, get to diggin’ a well
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking for the control unit and the speed sensor for a 91 or 92 FJ80.

G'day KennyBob, I may have the complete cruise control unit y'all might be lookin for I'm unsure re: the speed sensor though? I'm not certain of the application year but she is complete. I'll try ta attach sum pic's! LMK if it looks like waht'cha could use? Tanx.

20190317_123555.jpg

20190317_123500.jpg

20190317_123513.jpg

20190317_123448.jpg

G'day KennyBob, I may have the complete cruise control unit y'all might be lookin for I'm unsure re: the speed sensor though? I'm not certain of the application year but she is complete. I'll try ta attach sum pic's! LMK if it looks like waht'cha could use? Tanx.

View attachment 1929912

View attachment 1929916

View attachment 1929918

View attachment 1929919

Hi 1fastoy,

Thanks for the response. That looks like the actuating motor. The speed sensor is much smaller and attached to the transfer case online with the speedo cable.

I posted on the 80 Series FB page, that I was looking for this part (again) and someone sent me this -

Kewl wasn't sure if it might be what'cha needed. Hope ya find one soon! Speed safely!

Thank you sir. I appreciate you taking the time.

I posted on the 80 Series FB page, that I was looking for this part (again) and someone sent me this -

Thanks! I think I saw that the other day. A bit spendy for me for the time bringing. I’m thinking I at least need the computer. The cruise light doesn’t turn on at all and I’m fairly certain the bulb isn’t out.

If you search, there IS a diagnostic procedure for the Cruise system. Where you put it in a diagnostic mode (although I don't remember how) and drive it at low speed (like 15-20mph) and high speed (over 25mph) and the cruise light flashes (or doesn't) to let you know what's going on.

As far as spendy, I think I paid $100 for a good used sensor, a couple of years ago.

If you search, there IS a diagnostic procedure for the Cruise system. Where you put it in a diagnostic mode (although I don't remember how) and drive it at low speed (like 15-20mph) and high speed (over 25mph) and the cruise light flashes (or doesn't) to let you know what's going on.

Yeah I tried going through that procedure when the light would turn on. Couldn’t decipher what was wrong at the time and now there is no light to flash. Leads me to think that the computer is bad. Could be wrong.

If the light isn't coming on, when entering diagnostic mode, that would make me think you need to possibly change the bulb

If the light isn't coming on, when entering diagnostic mode, that would make me think you need to possibly change the bulb

Yeah, me too. I’ll check it again. I was assuming the control module could be bad if the bulb is good.

I have one of those sensors I'll sell. I bought it and installed it but ended up going a different route when doing my v8 swap. PM me if interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom