Cruise control 4 A cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am about to go to Moab (15+ hour drive) and was thinking of installing a cruise controll on my FJ60. I am looking at the audiovox ones. &nbsp:Does anyone have any advice or anything that worked for them?

IIRC, most aftermarket CC systems rely on engine vacuum to maintain their speed....piece of cake to install and overall reliable.

hey, if you do add cruise, would you let me know your opinion of how it works, how easy/difficult the install was, etc? i do a lot of long-range driving in my 60 and i'd love to have cruise!

-m

Has anyone installed a CC unit on a 40? I have a 99 vortec V8 out of a chevy so I would think most units should work ok? although I will be running a manual tranny. It would be nice to pop on while on the freeway in 5th though. I saw a few units at JCwhitney (see below). Anyone?

Noahhttp://www.jcwhitney.com/catsubpic.jhtml?CATID=3256&_requestid=21722

i cant help you w/ the 60s but in my 40 i have 2f engine w/ a manual throtle, i cheat and just pull the manual throtle out all the way, not safe but it works. ;)

I installed the Audiovox CCS-100 on my FJ-40 (Chevy 350 powered with SM-465) and it works fantastic. I drove it to Moab and back (round trip of 2000 miles) and it was a blessing. The good part was that I took the tach signal off of my distributor so I did not have to install any magnets to the drivetrain.

The set speed holds very, very constant....I cannot see it deviate by 1 mph. The only installation problem was in making sure that the switches (about 7 of them) were in the correct position. If you have an installation manual, I ended up with Switches 1, 2, and 7 "On" and the others "Off". Their technical help waded me through this trial and error effort.

I also installed a similar unit on a friend's CJ-7.......the switch settings were the same as mine and it works perfectly as well. I did modify the mounting bracket for the amplifier to make it more "4-Wheeling" friendly.

Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Tazman in Pleasanton, Ca

Taz,
I sent you a message. I was just looking for some more deatils on how you did the instal with out having to use the magnets. Thats the only part I don't like about the instructions.

Hi Preacherman......

I did not get any E-Mail from you. Anyway, my distributor (pointless ignition system) has a terminal that is for an electronic tachometer. I have a tach, so I just tied the appropriate cruise control wire into the wire to my tach. The cruise control wires that would go to the magnet on the driveshaft were just isolated and taped off.

Hope this helps.

Tazman

Hey Tazman,
I installed the cruise controll yesterday and set the switches like you said. It works great! Thanks for the advice on how to set the switches. My drive should be much nicer now to Moab.

preacherman said:
Hey Tazman,
I installed the cruise controll yesterday and set the switches like you said. It works great! Thanks for the advice on how to set the switches. My drive should be much nicer now to Moab.

I know this was quite a while ago, but I was wondering if you could talk about the switches you used for this. I want to install a cuise unit on my HJ60, which is a 24volt diesel and cant find much info on it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom