Crowsnest October 15th-16th (1 Viewer)

What weekend in October would you like to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As per John's request here is the location of the Town of Lille (Ghost Town): N49º 39.092' W114º 23.800'

Hey, my HAM course got moved to 22 & 29th!

I could make this trip with this new date if my other half doesn't mind leaving her (again) with the kids for another weekend.

And with our upcoming trip this weekend, maybe will have some stuff to show..

G

As per John's request here is the location of the Town of Lille (Ghost Town): N49º 39.092' W114º 23.800'

Thanks Tent. added to Garmin!

G

I'm definitely thinking about doing this one. Need to get three days off from the family though...

Families are welcome to the event. I might even have something planned for the kids on Halloween.

Who is all in or at least going to try and make it out to this one? Anyone have any issues with the itinerary?

I have to work that weekend :(

A few small things to get done on the battle wagon but otherwise, i'm in.

Barring some insurance issues, I'm probably good to go.

Looking like we are going to have a good group forming for this run. Hope we have nice weather.

Is this a regular event?

Not sure what you mean by regular event. But we will be going wheeling a lot. If people can't make this one. At least one run each month.

I just meant like a yearly or annual event. What other runs are planned in Southern Alberta?

We will run the crow at least once or twice a year. As far as other southern Alberta trips. None on the near horizon. Most will be central and northern. With the exception of the special trips to bc and the states.

Crowsnest

Well, here's my pre-run fun!!
You know, one the things that impresses me the most about the Crow region is the incredible diversity of terrain that you encounter. It's not just an endless mud rut trip.. I thought I'd post up some expample of what I mean by that. Now, my skills with a camera are not that of Addison, so forgive the quality. But I hope you enjoy, and you will hopefully understand why I make a 3.5 hr 1 way trip go play in this most amazing of playgrounds.

Option #1: "Cliff shot" or "aren't they cute"
IMG_6144.jpg

I'm not kidding about the cliff....
IMG_6140.jpg

Option #2: Beautiful lunch spots by lakes:
IMG_6153.jpg

Which in turn are fed by streams that carved through solid rock. Addison chipped his tooth on a rock, burned himself on a hot-dog stick, and then proceeded to go climb on the slippery rocks. I was worried he'd make 3 for 3 since that pool is DEEP!
IMG_6154.jpg

Option #3: Rock crawling
IMG_6152.jpg

Option#4: test the inclometer:
IMG_6126.jpg

"look Ma, Fulcrum":
IMG_6114.jpg

Option#5: mountain climbing:
IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6102.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

Near the top the scenery is fantastic:
IMG_6071.jpg

IMG_6069.jpg

The fall colours are amazing:
IMG_6055.jpg

Old mines to check out:
IMG_6049.jpg

And obligatory water crossings
IMG_6047.jpg

IMG_6030.jpg

I wish I had pics of our Random Camping spots. the second night was amazing, although cold enough that a layer of ice formed on Dante's water bowl..

Hope to see you rockin' our 'Yotas on the trail, whatever the breed.

G

Great pictures. Hope you can make it out. It's going to be a good run. Maybe we will even take a stab at some of the trails you went on.

Okay so who is all confirmed and going to be able to make this one for sure now. Who else is good to go.

Me. Need to figure out where to go.

GPS coordinates for the camp have been provided. Also you can follow me from Calgary down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom