Crowsnest October 15th-16th (1 Viewer)

What weekend in October would you like to go?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Well now that other trips are sorted out this one will be a go. This will most likely be the last run before we get into the snow wheeling. Hope many of you can make it as this trip will be one of the last big ones for the year.

I'm hoping that the weather holds out for some decent camping but anything is to be expected. Sorry for the delay in the original trip. I hope that those of you who were interested in attending this trip prior to the delay still have interest.

October 15-17

Run Details

We will start by getting to the ghost town of Lille on Friday. This will be the location of our camp. There are some remains from the town to check out. Trickle in as you please. Come in the morning and throughout the day. Camp will be located in the shelter of the trees to the North East corner of the ghost town. I will see if I can get someone out early who has been there to make sure everyone is in the proper location. I will be leaving Red Deer after work so I might be late or early it all depends on when my day is over.

Saturday we will do a loop trail North of the camp. fjtent knows what it is called. Sunday we will do some more trails around the trunk road. And for me if I can get Monday off we will do some really light trials and check out the history in the area from days gone by. Sorry for such a brief overview my brain is fried in prep for the Rubicon and I have been working like a mad man.

Remember this is a club run so no drinking while wheeling. There will be plenty of time to enjoy drinks at the end of the days when we are all safe at camp. Stocker vehicles are welcome this is not a hardcore run like some of the other ones we do. There will be technical spots but don't be afraid to ask for some spotting.

Itinerary

October 14th
- Head to the town of Lille which is located North of the town of Frank GPS coordinates will be provided for ease of locating. There is no set time for arrival at camp. If some of you want to go early and spend the day site seeing you are welcome to. Some of us may have to work so we might roll into camp a little later.

October 15th
- 10:00 am at latest hit the Grassy mountain trail loop.
- Stop for a campfire lunch at time established by location or group decision
- Get back to camp kick up feet and enjoy some refreshments

October 16th
- If for some unforeseen issue we are still on the Grassy Mountain loop we have a day to get off
- 10:30 am head to the mountain trail that overlooks the Frank Slide.
- Explore some of the trails in the area and have lunch.
- 6:00 pm approximately depending on work situations for some head back home

October 17th
- 10:00 am Head out for some site seeing and explore the areas mining history and sites.
- In the evening start heading for home and be disappointed we have to leave the great outdoors.

CB channel 7
FRS channel 7-0

Thanks,

John

Last edited:
2 people voted...very dry very dry) nonetheless me and my gf and our trusty 80 are in)

No worries there are people not on the forum that will be coming. They will eventually sign up but they know about the trip.

I'll be attending.

David E.
2008 FJCruiser TT Edition

If I can get my lockers put in by then I'd like to go, 15-16 is the only weekend that I can't go...

Now that I'm back living in AB I could be interested in doing this run. Where can I find more info about it? (pardon me if I'm just blind - my screen is the size of a stamp). Any weekend would likely work for me.

Have dates been formalized?

The trail is called Grassy Mountain Loop. The first half up to the mine is quite nice. No difficult parts except one. With proper spotting it should be easy for those that wheel with trucks close to stock. The latter part of the trail is a more difficult quad trail (even the quad guys don't wheel this part of the trail very often). Narrow switchbacks and tricky in parts. Definitely need spotting. The possibility of body damage is real. And expect your paint to be scratched. A lot tougher for trucks with little or no modification. Other than that its quite beautiful. Expect a full day for the whole loop. Could be less with more experienced drivers.

Are you telling me I need to re-insure my 40, put the 33s on, and install my freshly rebuilt carb back on?

Are you telling me I need to re-insure my 40, put the 33s on, and install my freshly rebuilt carb back on?

Why yes of course I am. Just got to Carson city.

This is why I voted for Oct 1-2:

Work the next one, and start my amateur Radio License course on the 15th

Finally getting my Ticket so can go VHF & use the repeaters. Bunch of our guys are going HAM instead of Feeble Radio Service (FRS):clap:

FRS...haha I won a set from a company party.

I'm more of a CB person.
But a radio license will be a future endeavour for me.

The real only weekend is the 8-9. I have some big assignments this semester. :(

If I don't come with the 40, then perhaps with a buddy's mildly built XJ (h$*P).

Lockers are in... I would like to change my vote to 8-9 please!!

Okay since there are three votes for the weekend of the 8th and 9th that will be the weekend we will run. That also gives me time to get a new front driveshaft made since I grenaded mine on Fordyce down here.

Just in case you guys don't know 8-9 is thanksgiving. If that's an issue for anyone please let me know.

I'm supposed to make a run up to FSJ on the long weekend to collect the last of the stuff I left up there when I moved.

Just in case you guys don't know 8-9 is thanksgiving. If that's an issue for anyone please let me know.

Well have fun you guys & gal - take some pics. I forgot it was Thanksgiving - oh well - extra $ for working it.

I'm going to be in the Crow this weekend. Will post up some if I survive the trip :p

Sorry to those who are planning on the 8-9th but family stuff and truck breakage will keep me from attending at that time. I like some totally forgot about Thanksgiving. The trip will be held on the weekend of the 15th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom