Crown wheel No.3 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This rides front end is killing me, about to have the front diff rebuilt again (once prior to Air locker) 3rd time. Toyota warranty "not a chance sorry mate, you have made modifications to the drive line by putting that locker in :doh: " but they fixed the last two CV's that they put in. They hadn't even made off road, either put in by someone dodgie or were falty parts :confused:

BUSTED100 said:
They hadn't even made off road, either put in by someone dodgie or were falty parts :confused:

You mean it wasn't related to this post. ;)

Busted 100's Daily Driving

Sorry to hear about your ride.

No those photo's of play were a few weeks back, this time I was driving along a plain old dirt road sitting on a whole 35km/hour when the nice little clunking sound started

Currently talking to some 4WD Engineering Shops in regards to a Solid Axle Swap, quoted $2500 (AUST$) to fix diff etc and about $8000 for SAS

I'd guess you have something else wrong with yout truck. Mine has been through HELL and remains rock-solid. I'm quite puzzled!

Is it possible that something is bent in the front end that is keeping things out of alignment causing these failures. When I was doing the diff drop, I started thinking about how things would hold up if the mounts for the diff took a direct hit. It got me thinking about a more substantial skid plate. With some of the pics you have posted offroading, is this possible? This just doesn't seem right for you to have this many problems with the same parts if everything is set up right. Especially, if this latest diff hasn't been offroad at all.

BUSTED100 said:
Currently talking to some 4WD Engineering Shops in regards to a Solid Axle Swap, quoted $2500 (AUST$) to fix diff etc and about $8000 for SAS

You could also fix the diff, sell the truck, and buy a 105 which already has a solid axle.

Ocelot,
the 105 diffs break just as bad (OK not that bad) but they can be lifted easily.

Greg.B,
You might be right. A mate of mine believes my diff problem is due to the guys that put in my locker, they also put in the secound crown wheel and s*** in, may not be lining stuff up 100%. I don't know (the first diff I destroyed due to driver error- Toyota repaired this). All the work these guys have done on his ride has had to repaired or replaced not long down the track

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom