CROWN TOYOTA - Holland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may already be well known so forgive me if I'm naïve - What is the deal with the treasure trove of 40 Series at the Mr. T dealership in Holland?

Two 40's and an Fj43 which I've never actually seen in person.

Anecdotally, I am looking for recommendations on shops/ dealerships on the West coast over here. I have My Toyota in Muskegon and Crown in Holland. Does anyone have experience good or bad with either?

1650484370499.png

Well as it happens my wife is looking at moving up from her Outback into something like a sequoia. So we’re car shopping.

For more general purposes a trusted dealership for work and to order parts through. We’re new to the area (Spring Lake) so I’m feeling everything out still.

I’ve had to order parts for my 100 before and have been going through My auto imports Toyota in Muskegon.

I just thought it was really cool to walk in and see 3 cruisers in a showroom so I’m inclined to think there’s at least some value perhaps in going down there instead.

One of the other members on here, @Supra88 , had a good experience with the service dept at Crown working on his cruiser. I have no experience with them myself. I've been underwhelmed with Grand Rapids Toyota because they know very little about about Land Cruisers and haven't done very well with mine. Now that I know Crown has 3 40s inside, I hope to get over there if I need warranty work. :)

They’re beautiful… not lipstick jobs for sure.

The beige one isn’t perfect… but still pretty nice. They aren’t for sale… I’ve tried.

I’ve purchased about 7 vehicles from Tony VanGelder at Crown. The first was a new 1996 4runner… the latest was a 4Runner last month.
I trust him 100%

The only new Toyota I have ever bought was a TRD PRO 4runner. The salesman at Kool Toyota was an a-hole. He was super short until he realized I wasn’t kidding about ordering one on the spot, then he got nice and I told him “too late”. Crown in Holland was awesome. I think that is where out new-used 200 is going for service. The old Cruisers I can handle myself😊

If any of you need work done while in T.C. we have the guy.

If any of you need work done while in T.C. we have the guy.
Please let us know who…. And if anyone wants to buy something from Serra, my son Trevor works at Subaru in TC and can sell from the other brands new and used.

Please let us know who…. And if anyone wants to buy something from Serra, my son Trevor works at Subaru in TC and can sell from the other brands new and used.
Mark Michalski

I’ve bought 4 cars from Brad Shook at crown. Family and friends have probably bought 20+ from him. It’s always been a good experience, he’s honest and upfront and works hard to make things right if there’s a issue.

I had crown do the flush on my diffs and tranny as well as replace my neutral safety switch. No complaints besides the higher dealer price.

I have had good experiences with Crown Toyota in Holland. They can usually get parts in 2 or 3 days and will sometimes give you a discount off of the list price if you ask.

Didn’t really know where to post this and was just curious if anyone knew any info about what I saw today. Just curious.

I was driving west on 96 this morning near Grand Rapids (headed towards Norton Shores). I spotted a 40 series be trailered by an older suburban. Later that day i was headed back home to Detroit, east on 96, and saw the same suburban trailering a 60 series. I believe they got off 96 and headed north on 44 (east belt line ave in GR)

Rare to see something like that around here once; but twice?? Curious if that was anyone on here? Thought I’d share.

Didn’t really know where to post this and was just curious if anyone knew any info about what I saw today. Just curious.

I was driving west on 96 this morning near Grand Rapids (headed towards Norton Shores). I spotted a 40 series be trailered by an older suburban. Later that day i was headed back home to Detroit, east on 96, and saw the same suburban trailering a 60 series. I believe they got off 96 and headed north on 44 (east belt line ave in GR)

Rare to see something like that around here once; but twice?? Curious if that was anyone on here? Thought I’d share.
Any of these? Inventory | GR Auto Gallery - https://www.grautogallery.com/vehicles?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q%5Byear_eq%5D=&q%5Bmake_eq%5D=Toyota&q%5Bmodel_eq%5D=&q%5Bprice_gteq%5D=&q%5Bbranch_eq%5D=&ftx=

Negative. But maybe they will be posted on there eventually.

Also, $22k for that ‘92 4runner?? Wow
I’m guessing that’s going on bring a trailer, locally they would be pressed to get 15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom