CROWN KING RUN: 14 Dec. 2013, Saturday (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sooooo...

When and where are we meeting? :clap:

Ivanst,

Date: 14 December 2013
Day: Saturday
Meeting Time: 8:30 am
Place: 4 Sons Food Stores (N.E. Corner of I-17 & Carefree Highway)

The day begins at 4 Sons Food Stores at 8:30am, we will leave here at 9am in search of Quixotic adventures!!

Wear your favorite CSC attire (e.g. hat, shirt, etc.)

We will regroup at Crown King.

See you there hombre!

Zona

Thanks Zona :D

THE ANNUAL HOLIDAY RIDE to CROWN KING is HERE!! Reminder

CRUISERS,

The Annual Holiday Ride is upon us!!

This run is a good one and stocker friendly--we have at least 22 LC's confirmed! Bring your friends, bring your family, it's going to be beautiful day (clear skies, temps around 55ish).

A couple of rules I picked up from the grey beards:

1. We leave no man/woman behind
2. Keep the rig behind you in your rearview mirror, if you lose them wait until they re-emerge.
3. If you're having issues with your rig flash your lights continuously, the person in front will stop, etc.

Additional Grey Beard rules (optional):
4. Heisman Pose photo's of you and your rig will be taken in Crown King.
6. No David Hasselhoff, Christina Aguilera or Yanni Holiday songs will be tolerated (ahem, AZTony and Inkpot).
5. No nilly-willy-ness (I think that's when a newbee in an 80 is jerky and abrubtly stops and you're in a 40 series manual trans., behind them and you lose momentum causing you to curse the trail gods?)
6. Newbees bring some power rings to make up for your willy-nilly-ness.
7. Have fun!

Saturday Morning Schedule
8:00-8:30 gas up
8:30 Meet, greet and eat (POWER RINGS!!)
8:45 Grey beards discuss safety
9:00 We ride

NOTE: Murf and Phil and anyone else wanting to provide safety tips please step up and add to the discussion at 8:45.

Date: 14 December 2013
Day: Saturday
Meeting Time: 8:30 am
Place: 4 Sons Food Stores (N.E. Corner of I-17 & Carefree Highway)

Regroup at Crown King.

Zona

Phone: 602.692.6604
E-mail: aramchavez@global.t-bird.edu

The parking at the gas station wont be able to accomodate 22 trucks.

May I suggest that where we meet is just about 100 feet north of the gas station in the open strip mall parking lot area.

Behind the gas station (north) is Denny's. Behind the Denny's is the parking lot. After gassing up and getting ice, we can meet up there where there is plenty of room :).

CROWN KING Morming meeting Moved 100' north of Gas Station

CRUISERS,

Per Murf's suggestion we will meet 100 feet north of the 4 Sons Food Stores (N.E. Corner of I-17 & Carefree Highway).

Behind the gas station (north) is Denny's. Behind the Denny's is the parking lot. After gassing up and getting ice, we can meet up there where there is plenty of room.

Listen for the rumble of trucks or call me if you get lost: 602.692.6604.

Aram (Air-um)

P.S. if you have them bring your air-up/down tools, basic recovery tools, etc.

6. No David Hasselhoff, Christina Aguilera or Yanni Holiday songs will be tolerated (ahem, AZTony and Inkpot).
FWIW azTony listens to Metallica, Godsmack, AC/DC, Limp Bizkit, Rob Zombie, TOOL, A Perfect Circle, Pantera, Disturbed, etc. to name a few. Not sure what you have heard but apparently you are steered in the wrong direction. There is a moral to the story...

Last edited:
I have prior commitments to holiday parties this weekend and will not be present.

LCP safety tips - If you are not comfortable say something before. Dont do anything you are not 100% comfortable with no matter what someone else tells you. Three attempts and you get the strap even if YOU think you can make it.

Have fun, stay together and enjoy Dec ROTM, Thanks Zona for stepping up.

:santa:

I'm no newbie. But I am bringing 2dozen power rings (Krispy Kreme ) so unless the newbies want to pitch in for road rings or buy me and my lady lunch at the top it would be wonderful. He'll ill even give up a good small peice of fudge. Lol

I just called and talked to the lady at the Crown King General Store. She said groups were coming up the back way yesterday and today. Most of the snow is melted except for in some shady spots (which I plan to launch a snowball assault on RedMuttonchops while he is dazed in his sugar-induced coma - dont tell him ;)).

She says it is a sunny 49 degrees and clear :steer:

Phil's additional tips above are good to follow.

KingBee: Most will be returning down the fast road down to I-17 (Bloody basin turn off I believe)

so, hypothetically, if one were to have, say, a Christmas party at 6PM, what would the odds be of getting back in time for it? I'm, uh, asking for a friend...

DON'T count on being back by any specific time before dark!! Anything can, and does, happen on the CK trail! Maybe not your group, but you have no control over what happens in other groups before you that can trap you on the trail. Let's see.....I've experienced power steering hose breakdowns, rolled rigs, rescuing stranded families with flats and no access to a perfectly good spate, broken axles in Jeeps, fist fights, running into motorcycle head on, helicopter evacuation, forest fire, - I think you get the idea!

Well, last night my aftermarket alarm system that I have no fob for went off, thus causing my LC not being able to start. No reset button, no Valet button. Had it towed to Audio Express and they removed the old alarm system and put in just a auto-start/lock/un-lock system. LC runs now but I didn't get anything of what I wanted to do today on the LC completed. Need to take down the spare tire underneath, but couldn't figure that out in the 5 minutes I have spare today, hopefully someone tomorrow morning can help me get it down and out from underneath. Still plan on going, but no CB installed but I do have a handheld unit. No HAM installed but no license anyway. No front tow hook installed but there is a frame if needed. Oh well, see you tomorrow morning. Oh, couldn't fine my air compressor, but I take it there will be others that will share? Thanks,

Bumble bee road actually.. Let me tell ya murf I don't think you could hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle with the barn doors open...lol But you just go ahead and try son carefull I just might to unleash the kracken "The wrath of Heidi Hehe

Well for anyone that needs a cb I have a cheap back up unit nothing special not sure if the antenna still works but ill try and remember to bring it

DON'T count on being back by any specific time before dark!! Anything can, and does, happen on the CK trail! Maybe not your group, but you have no control over what happens in other groups before you that can trap you on the trail. Let's see.....I've experienced power steering hose breakdowns, rolled rigs, rescuing stranded families with flats and no access to a perfectly good spate, broken axles in Jeeps, fist fights, running into motorcycle head on, helicopter evacuation, forest fire, - I think you get the idea!

^this^

CK is 2.5 hours back to Scottsdale in good traffic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom