AltFuel Crossing Canada on WVO this summer. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi, i dont remember the name, but someone in Dauphin offered me oil, but i lost the info, if you guys know it would be great
Thanks

Now in the Thunder bay area - anyone know a fellow with oil?

Thanks for the offer Danakittilsen, 450 K each way would give a 900Km detour, so not a great help for us. Must be some folks in Edmonton doing this. So , how is your HDJ doing on Veg ? do you have many km's on veg now? I have ran mine with a single tank system and a FPHE that i heat onny when I have higher concentrations of veg in my tank, but i am always worried for that rotary pump !. My BJ 74 has an inline pump , a two tank system so I am far less worried about it.

I've done about 80,000km with a mixture of diesel, veggie oil blends and 100% UVO. Did the better part of 15000km last spring/summer, pulling an expedition trailer with a 400L slip tank full of veg.
I have had one clogged V.O. filter onboard. That was early on. And I attribute it to the changing of the season diesel in the spring and detergental properties of veggie oil cleaning out old fuel systems. I think the rotary pump will be fine as long as you have clean dry and hot oil. But that's really no different than best practice with any other engine's fuel system. Injectors were very grimey when done just before 300,000km but that was first time in 25years and about double recommended service schedule, with only about 50,000km window where veg was run.

I'll be driving east all the way to Halifax in about 3 weeks. Hoping to hit up some of you generous gentleman while I do, I will gladly compensate in cash and conversation. Route is Grande Prairie/Calgary, AB to Halifax, NS mostly along the Trans-Can, but looking for detours!

Thats a nice trip!
You are invited.
I sent you a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom