Crossed polarity -- embarrassing! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last Friday, my GF and I were in a rush to get out of town and my LC's battery was dead -- we quickly put the cables on the cars, but the + and - were opposite on the LC --

-- anyway, a few days and only $100 bucks later, I have my 80 back --

-- the dealer had to replace the fuse links, which had melted -- they were decent with the whole procedure, plus they swapped out my Toy. battery for a new one (the 5-year warranty) --

-- it was a bit embarrassing, the whole situation, but I'm glad it was just the fuse links, which newer vehicles don't have --

:stupid:

eric

BTW -- this local dealer is GREAT with parts -- they're selling them to me for wholesale (or so they say), about 35-45% off list!

You are lucky in 2 ways, first with your polarity and second with your dealer giving you a discount. My exlocal dealer use to give me a small discount. Then the dealer decided to charge me full retail. Did I say they are my exdealer???
kurt

Kurt,

All dogs must be fed............. ::)

It would be to bad to pay retail but when the parts guy can't even find the parts on the computer thats bad. I bought a new truck, all parts and some service from them. They won't help you when you have a question. The parts guy has no clue. They use to have a full parts dep. with parts and a great parts man. When I lived in denver co the dealers were helpful and knew what they were doing, stocked parts and were real parts stores. This one is a just a man at the counter that orders parts, thats it. I had to drive 70mi one way to order parts as I HAD to come in and show him on the computer what I needed and then had to come back 1 to 5 days later to get them. It is faster, cheaper and easier to call and talk to someone that know parts. I can get the parts over night or second day air faster then I could if I had to go to the local dealer. Service is everthing
kurt

Kurt,

Wanna start feeding my dogs? 8)

List is a fair price to pay for Knowledge. :eek:

Oh, look............I'm an "addict" :G

Dan
Where are you? I am looking to find a new home. The weather in WI is to cold. The 4xing is fair. I was spoiled in CO. Its time to move. Do your dogs like venison?
kurt

Kurt,
"Where are you?"
I ask myself that very question often :G (Nuevo Mexico)

I find dogs eat just about anything,Sometimes twice :eek: (if you know what I mean)

-H-

It is back notwards here. Mistaken you are sir knight. ::)

Utah is backwards, right faVE?............. :G

NM, my next home. Do they do emission testing or will I have to sell the fj60 (desmoged)?
kurt

If you live in Bernalillo county(greater Albuquerque) there is testing. None elsewhere(currently, anyway)

A little slow there on the enter key, -H-?

:beer:

Got me another one ::)

I can keep the 60!!! Now I will need a job. I had a in on a company in the in the Durango CO area 3 yrs ago.
kurt

I worked at the Remote Handling and Targeting section of a linear proton accelerator during college; maybe you could do that?

Any problem with occupational daily radiation exposure? Have kids already?

Then again, there are plenty of curio shops in Santa Fe that can use help. Can you live off of $5.35 an hour when rent for a one bedroom apt. is $900/month?

-H-

Poverty with a view! Welcome to living someplace nice in the West! :beer:

Kurt,

Wanna start feeding my dogs? 8)

List is a fair price to pay for Knowledge. :eek:

Oh, look............I'm an "addict" :G

Customers use to hate it when I'd tap on their MAF with a screwdriver handle and diagnose the problem in two seconds, then charge them a flat rate hour for the diagnostic fee. If you don't have the knowledge, then you have to pay someone who does.

Over 500 posts already. You passed me up in a hurry. :D

Well then the dealer should pay me when I come in and know more than they do about my 80 and 60. I asked if the t-case could be removed without the trany. They could tell. They called toyota and toyota tech help and they didn't know either. The manual doesn't show how to remove. I removed it with no problems. They also should pay me to show the parts men how to find parts on their computer. At first I had to have the parts manager find the parts #. Then they just let me in the room to help them find the parts on the computer. After all that they took away my small discount. I don't blame the parts men. I think they don't want to sell parts any more. They just want to sell new cars and service. They don't even sell used cars any more. Parts sales just got in their way. You go up to an empty counter and ring a bell and wait for someone to come and order parts for you. They don't even sell SST as they don't have any way to look them up. What sucks is that they use to be a great dealer.
kurt

Um,

I like to sell parts.

Wanna engine ecu?

How 'bout an a/c compressor?

Or maybe a headliner?

I know, I've gota great deal on thongless blowers.............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom