Cross country expedition part deux or whatever (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sounds great. I might bring two batons so one can head south, the goal being both make it to key west.

Hey, I'm back! Just got the 40 back on the road so the next step is a trip to Forks and beyond. Then I'm headed to Torfab via port Townsend. Keep an eye out for updates. If you are on the Olympic Peninsula maybe we can meet up.

If it came to seattle/everett area, I think I could take it (or convoy with whoever takes it) over Hwy 2 or 20 east of the mountains. Head through either Wenatchee or winthrop then get it further east wherever it needs to go? The wife says we could probably dump our kids at the in laws and make a weekend trip of it.
Well, better late than never. 40 is back on the road and I'm about to plan the first leg.

Hey everyone, not sure how many of you saw the original FJ40 cross country expedition thread on IH8MUD but I'm starting another expedition this weekend. Hoping to be at Cape Flattery on Sunday with my "baton" (briefcase) and making it to the Seattle Cruiserheads October meeting to pass it on. More of a relay than anything. Hoping it makes it to Key West so it touches two corners of the US.
Stickers are in the case for participants.
Follow it on the thread and pay attention, you are invited to join and carry the baton a few miles.

I'm in. I live in west texas but don't mind traveling as far as needed to get this going again.

I'm in. I live in west texas but don't mind traveling as far as needed to get this going again.
Thanks, I will try to keep everyone posted on the progress.

Stickers are in the briefcase and looking forward to seeing you.

20221005_090650.jpg

20221005_090456.jpg

Hi mike,

I will be at the Seattle Cruiserheads meeting on October 11th. I will be driving my 100 Series to the Palm Springs, CA. area in a few weeks so can take this along and hand it off along the way if interested. Let me know.

Alan

So here is a concept...not to highjack Key West as that's an awesome destination...
How about a flight plan for the four corners of the US and not just cross country?

Thanks guys, the four corners is an excellent idea as long as key west is one of them. I'd love to get it back, covered with stickers and full of postcards. Did I mention the postcards? I'd like everyone that is involved to drop a postcard in the box with their name and location on it. Would be a great story. And all land cruisers are invited but especially 40s.

Someone needs to get the toolbox from Bozeman and move it east before the snow gets too deep. Get it back to ohio.....

Note, the tan tool box was a stand in for the red one that was late arriving in South Florida, courtesy of @sggoat .

1665102907730.png

1665102940626.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom