2015 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got my PCK installed. If anyone is contemplating getting a decent size lift, I'd highly recommend doing the panhard correction kit at the same time. Fixes the geometry back to stock and improves the ride. It wasn't that bad without the correction, but there was a slight bit of squirreliness in the rear axle when going over bumpy roads. This simple bracket fixes it.

View attachment 2818320
How was the install on the PCK as far as getting the welder into that location? Any concerns I should be aware of, planning on doing one in my rig soon.

How was the install on the PCK as far as getting the welder into that location? Any concerns I should be aware of, planning on doing one in my rig soon.
It was the easiest mod I've ever done, mainly because I just payed someone else to do it. For me, the cost savings of doing it myself wasn't worth the effort and risk, plus I know that I'd never be able to do a good of a job as someone who does this for a living. The last thing I wanted was to be worried about the quality of my own welding when going down some steep off camber trail.

Personally, I don't like doing suspension. I've never done it and never have had a desire to do it. I'll do most all other mod's that are in my wheel house, light welding, fabricating, installing, but not something that has preloaded energy.

Typically I've always done all my own work, either to save money or because I didn't trust anyone else to do it. But as I get older, I realize after you factor in the time and trouble of doing it yourself, the cost savings really aren't there, and sometimes the stress of doing it yourself just isn't worth it. I stopped doing my own oil changes and tire rotations for the same reason. I still like the pride of building things on my own, but even I know my own limitations when it comes to welding a critical suspension piece.

I think this GX lift is going to be the last one I do on my own, any future vehicles will just get taken to the shop. I had a great experience with Freel Good performance in Southern California, I'd highly recommend him for any work

Yep, I don't do regular service either. Here California, it's become just too much of a headache to dispose of used oil and fluids.
And if I wash my rig, it's an all day event. If I take it to the car wash, bing-bang-boom, it's done in 45 minutes. And if I can have it done while I'm at work, it's no time at all out of my day.
But I do enjoy tinkering... I'm looking at adding an LED light strip or something for puddle lights on the new sliders and replacing a couple of proximity lights on the Gamiviti rack. Maybe a short LED light bar on the front nose bar on the front bumper.
That's the stuff I enjoy doing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom