1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creeking noisy dash

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by bluecruiser, Feb 21, 2007.

1. bluecruiser

bluecruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Has anyone had or solved the creeky dash problem? It sounds like it comes from the center of the dash closest to the windshield.

Every little bump it creeks and sounds terrible. Much worse when it is cold, I am assuming because the plastic is more rigid.

I would like to fix it because it is starting to get really annoying.

Thanks

2. mmaakk

mmaakk

I have had the same problem but its been very short lived. the creek is there one minute and then disapears. I think its only happened 2-3 times but never lasted long enough for me to want and find a solution. Sorry I dont have a solution but I know it sometimes helps when you know your not the only one with the issue.

3. Khanh

Khanh

I had/having the same problem on my '01 LX. If you look under the "hood" of the dash, there are 2 screws holding the plastic under-portion of the dash to the upper foam-lined portion of the dash. I just used a screw driver to tighten them. This has helped tremendously, but has not completely resolved the issue.

4. Greg B

Greg B

I am having this problem too. Can you give more detail of where you're finding these screws; I'm not understanding your description of where they are.
    Thanks!

5. aedgington

aedgington

Under the dash in the instrument gauge cluster corners. Just put your hand under the top center of your gauges (speedometer, etc) and run it down each side. You'll feel the screw holes about 6 inches each way.

6. azvrod

azvrod

I took out both screws and added a tiny washer between the screw head and the gauge cluster and this pulled the cluster tighter against the dash and eliminated the noise.

7. Greg B

Greg B

Thanks Guys; I'll give that a try. :cheers: