Credit where credit is due (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Politics can suck. Politics don't have to suck.

Partisan politics ALWAYS suck.

Really? What is wrong with us???

but you gotta wonder about the people who voted that dude......there's something wrong with them...... :hmm:
Yeah, this is the proper way to discuss politics.

One of the reasons I like hanging out with this group is because I haven't heard anyone say anything this stupid yet. Lets divide this club too!

At one time I liked starting conversations like that. Especially after a few drinks. Insults are always an easy way to start a fight. I have never been too good at talking though.

Maybe we should forget talking politics on this forum. Maybe we should just discuss Toyota related topics, camping ,and food. This is what we all have in common.

:steer:⛺🍕🍳

Camping? Wheeling? What are these "things"?

:rofl:

I come from a big family full of strong personalities. I equally cherish and abhor my family.
We respect one another's right to our beliefs and life path though we often personally cannot understand or agree with them; the life long cohesiveness of this family is more important.
We argue and know that we cancel out one another's vote.
We know we can count on one another without question, no matter what we've done to get in the hole we are in.
HDC is a family, too.
I strongly agree & disagree with opinions on current events expressed here and elsewhere.
I strongly respect the right we all have to have these opinions
I choose not to publicly express my opinions or to challenge those I disagree with
I respect each of your all's right to express your opinion but in doing so I hope you will all respect one another's right also.
If you wanna challenge a point, be respectful or do so privately and don't pollute this platform. All have done that well here.
We as a society need these dialogues. We must listen and recognized that we are all in this together

I wanna wheel with all of you
I wanna know I can depend on all of you and that you can depend on me, regardless of how you vote, who you sleep with, or whether you will get vaccinated.
I wanna look beyond your opinion to what we both agree on and dig: these Toyotas and what they do for us.

My point is, don't be a dick
I do not condemn a person for something they believe in or belittle them for it.
I do condemn the s*** outta you if you make this personal and act like a dick.
Don't dissolve this group over opinions and pettiness.

I am not pointing these comments at any one of you , I am pointing them at all of us collectively.
None of us is perfect, we are all guilty and all fall short. Maybe I am right now falling short myself. We can also all see past the opinions and the imperfection to the greater importance of this family.

That's my opinion.
I have a right to it.
You have a right to disagree with it.
Your opinion does not constitute your value to me.
Your character and how you treat one another do.
You big bunch of dicks

Maybe we should forget talking politics on this forum. Maybe we should just discuss Toyota related topics, camping ,and food. This is what we all have in common.

:steer:⛺🍕🍳
Only problem with that is the damn a****** president has negatively impacted each and every one of us (even his supporters) during his abomination of a term.

Only problem with that is the damn a****** president has negatively impacted each and every one of us (even his supporters) during his abomination of a term.
Tough sell on such a broad statement. Discriminating between "overall impact" and "one single event" impact may make your opinion more salient to discussion.

For example, the current administration did not veto the Insulin Affordability Act of 2019. This lowers my monthly insulin bill from $1100 to $35 per month while I'm unemployed and job hunting. Some unnamed friendly pharmacies also allow the $35 amount to cover 3 months of insulin. That's an almost 99% savings for me.

Without these savings on insulin, I'd have to consider relocating back to Canada (I was born there) before I spend the majority of my personal savings on insulin sooner than later.

That is a +1 in my book for the federal government in the 2018-2020 timeline.

Really? What is wrong with us???

That was a s***ty thing for me to say and I apologize. Everyone has a right to their ideals, beliefs and values.

I come from a big family full of strong personalities. I equally cherish and abhor my family.
We respect one another's right to our beliefs and life path though we often personally cannot understand or agree with them; the life long cohesiveness of this family is more important.
We argue and know that we cancel out one another's vote.
We know we can count on one another without question, no matter what we've done to get in the hole we are in.
HDC is a family, too.
I strongly agree & disagree with opinions on current events expressed here and elsewhere.
I strongly respect the right we all have to have these opinions
I choose not to publicly express my opinions or to challenge those I disagree with
I respect each of your all's right to express your opinion but in doing so I hope you will all respect one another's right also.
If you wanna challenge a point, be respectful or do so privately and don't pollute this platform. All have done that well here.
We as a society need these dialogues. We must listen and recognized that we are all in this together

I wanna wheel with all of you
I wanna know I can depend on all of you and that you can depend on me, regardless of how you vote, who you sleep with, or whether you will get vaccinated.
I wanna look beyond your opinion to what we both agree on and dig: these Toyotas and what they do for us.

My point is, don't be a dick
I do not condemn a person for something they believe in or belittle them for it.
I do condemn the s*** outta you if you make this personal and act like a dick.
Don't dissolve this group over opinions and pettiness.

I am not pointing these comments at any one of you , I am pointing them at all of us collectively.
None of us is perfect, we are all guilty and all fall short. Maybe I am right now falling short myself. We can also all see past the opinions and the imperfection to the greater importance of this family.

That's my opinion.
I have a right to it.
You have a right to disagree with it.
Your opinion does not constitute your value to me.
Your character and how you treat one another do.
You big bunch of dicks

Well said Grant, well said.

Tough sell on such a broad statement. Discriminating between "overall impact" and "one single event" impact may make your opinion more salient to discussion.

For example, the current administration did not veto the Insulin Affordability Act of 2019. This lowers my monthly insulin bill from $1100 to $35 per month while I'm unemployed and job hunting. Some unnamed friendly pharmacies also allow the $35 amount to cover 3 months of insulin. That's an almost 99% savings for me.

Without these savings on insulin, I'd have to consider relocating back to Canada (I was born there) before I spend the majority of my personal savings on insulin sooner than later.

That is a +1 in my book for the federal government in the 2018-2020 timeline.

Don’t get me started. I appreciate one instance that someone has benefited personally. I think the damage done is deep and insidious and I stand by my statement as a generality that it you ain’t hurting from his actions now, at some point you will be, it’s that pervasive.

I have always been a misfit. Never really fit in to any group or had a place in life. Always been a little different from everyone else. But I feel like I just fell in and fit here.

Everyone in this club is different from each other. I mean really different. That is the best part of this club.

I may butt heads with some of you politically, but just know I still think of you all as friends.

Most of us would have never have even met each other if it wasn't for one big thing we have in common. We are Toyota nerds.

I hope anything I have said doesn't cause any hard feelings.

I have always been a misfit. Never really fit in to any group or had a place in life. Always been a little different from everyone else. But I feel like I just fell in and fit here.

Everyone in this club is different from each other. I mean really different. That is the best part of this club.

I may butt heads with some of you politically, but just know I still think of you all as friends.

Most of us would have never have even met each other if it wasn't for one big thing we have in common. We are Toyota nerds.

I hope anything I have said doesn't cause any hard feelings.
I prefer to socialize with misfits and weirdos (not that I think you're a weirdo, Virgil). It makes life more interesting.

My only rule for interactions is that we are respectful to each other and don't belittle just because we have different opinions. Some of my best friends are not registered for the same political party as me and regularly vote differently than me in elections. Heck, I'm even friends with people that own Jeeps.

Just wanted to say to everyone that I am really sorry for speaking for what I believe on this forum. This was not the venue to do that. It's really hard for me to hold back especially after what's happened with the phone call and the insurgents at the Capitol today. I have family members who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom and it's really sad what is happening right now in our country.
Please accept my apology. I enjoy the company of everyone here. I am fairly new to the area and enjoy learning about different areas to explore.
We have so much more that unites us than divides us.

Just wanted to say to everyone that I am really sorry for speaking for what I believe on this forum. This was not the venue to do that. It's really hard for me to hold back especially after what's happened with the phone call and the insurgents at the Capitol today. I have family members who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom and it's really sad what is happening right now in our country.
Please accept my apology. I enjoy the company of everyone here. I am fairly new to the area and enjoy learning about different areas to explore.
We have so much more that unites us than divides us.
I'm newer too, but I'd anticipate no one will hold a grudge against you for expressing your opinions in a non-personal way to others. Hang in there!

I created a bit of fun for myself on Sedition Day: For Sale Ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom