Creating an Extreme 4x4 park in ABQ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4corners.com
:) As many of us have seen on TV, or perhaps you have attended one of these rock crawling events. Most are now held on private property or on BLM land. I hosted many events in Colorado.
Man made obstacles in a viewer friendly enviornment is the way of the future.

I am looking for individuals that have a passion for rockcrawling, that have the desire to develop an area close to town, or in town. People that have influence with the private sector or government and that can help build this area for everyones enjoyment.
Please reply here or send me an email. mrvandre@hotmail.com

In Kremmling, Co.jpg

Hi Mick and welcome to Albuquerque!

This is a great idea. If Farmington and Las Cruces can have national rock crawling events then surely we can support something like this in Albuquerque.

The 4x4 club in Socorro has a lot of rock crawler rigs and they appear to be a pretty active group. Hit Shawn (bionic) to get their contact information. It would be great to get you to our next meeting so we can get more details and have the opportunity to meet you and ask questions about this project.

Good Luck!
-Mike-

i have been to no less than 4 comps in Farmington. i would love to have something close to attract events! :cool:

i don't have the Soccorro clubs info. i'm sure we could find it pretty quick though.

Shawn

I am looking for individuals that have a passion for rockcrawling, that have the desire to develop an area close to town, or in town. [/EMAIL]

Anywhere in or near town is going to be a hard sell. There's just not much vacant property around that isn't a gleam in some developer's eye, part of a pueblo, or frankly has any rock. And demographically, this ain't Colorado Springs.

This has been an on-going frustration for the hard-core types around here...

Good Morning Greg!

Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the rock again. :rolleyes:

-Mike-

Last edited:
I have found that many of the concrete plants have a refuse pile where they clean the barrels of the trucks out. This is a great place to start. Would only need an area of a couple acres for this to work. Of course it would be nice to have 10 to 20 acres with an area for the public to watch. Almost no rock would be needed at this point.

Look like it's time to get all the clubs, etc. together and work as one voice. I know it's not an easy thing to do... but great things take great thinkers.

Anywhere in or near town is going to be a hard sell. There's just not much vacant property around that isn't a gleam in some developer's eye, part of a pueblo, or frankly has any rock. And demographically, this ain't Colorado Springs.

This has been an on-going frustration for the hard-core types around here...

All our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them.
-Walt Disney-

He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
-Muhammad Ali-

There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth - not going all the way, and not starting.
-Buddha-

Real difficulties can be overcome; it is only the imaginary ones that are unconquerable.
-Theodore N. Vail-

The Difficult is that which can be done immediately; the Impossible that which takes a little longer.
-George Santayana-

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
-Albert Einstein-

Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above it.
-Washington Irving-

A desire can overcome all objections and obstacles.
-Gunderson-

If you're going to be thinking, you may as well think big.
-Donald Trump-

If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you want to go and how to get there. Then never, never, never give up.
-Norman Vincent Peale-

Do or do not. There is no try.
-Yoda-

Can’t Never Did Anything
-Mom-

Last edited:
Manufactured sites suck. Natural rockcrawling is the holistic way to do it.

:)

All our dreams can come true - if ...

Cliches don't build...well..anything really.

If it was economically attractive, feasible and doable it would have been done. Who here has an open checkbook? I encourage whomever wishes to tilt at this windmill do so to their heart's content.

I agree. Man made sites don't cut it. But to have someplace close that anyone with anykind of 4x4 can enjoy would be really nice. To be able to set any kind of course or obstical just for fun and a place to spend the day with friends and family close to home is what it's all about.

The NM4Wheelers and the NM Tech group (mostly) have been building up a location called Gordy's Hill, down by Socorro. I'm not sure of the current status of the trails they are building up, but there is a rumor about that the Las Cruces people are getting tired of hosting the Chile Challenge and it might be moved to Gordy's Hill.

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~offroad/tech/index.php/Category:4WD_Trails

Might be time to check it out again...

I wanted to join this thread to keep up to date on what is going on. I have some contacts with the FS and BLM as well as the City of ABQ.

The NM wheelers are heading to Gordy's this New Years ...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom