Builds Crazy Old Man on a Mountain 1987 "MOXIE" FJ60 Build!!! ***PRAYIN for a WOODEN roof *** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@mattressking I agree. However the emissions system is the weak link in these old trucks. Desmogging opens up a can of worms.. but nothing that ruins the character. Also, the departure angle is inadequate with the rough riding stock springs and tiny 235's on a truck based on the short wheele based FJ40.. a mild lift and 33's seem to be what Toyota should have done. But then then you want to regear. That and stock parts getting harder and harder to source. But the 60's did fine stock back when speed limits were 55 and fuel injection was too expensive. I chose not to spring-over, avoided the V8 conversion because I don't want to ruin the character, the "soul" of the FJ60. They are by my standards, the perfect truck. Excepting the emissions and .... Well, this is how it starts. But yes, baseline, fix what it needs, do preventative maintenance. Drive it with respect. Wave at other Land Cruisers with more than one finger until you know them😆

You’re preaching to the choir, I’m desmogged, on 35s :) the point is, Baseline the truck and keep it generally true to form then evolve it as required. Lots of fixes are bandaids usually, goal is to avoid that.

You’re preaching to the choir, I’m desmogged, on 35s :) the point is, Baseline the truck and keep it generally true to form then evolve it as required. Lots of fixes are bandaids usually, goal is to avoid that.
I did desmog it when i added the sniper....which is 1 mod ill never EVER regret!!! AMAZING to have it start 1st try EVERY time....simply amazing. Actually fell in love with it all over again!!!

Forgive me if you've posted this already - which sniper did you get? I can't find one on Holley's website for 1987 TLC.
The Holley 2B sniper...check out @Dustin Messina thread. Same Same. Cant suggest it enuff...best thing EVER!! Nite + Day...yadi yadi yadi

Just had a nice Elk roast after a full day at Monarch.
Craving Elk....

Where you at? Im in Evergreen. If you do any local trails/old mining trails ect...id love to hook up and check em out.

Eat mor chikin
Craving chicken.....
20200216_214231.jpg

Rig is up in the air getting front end work!!!

Anyone know what this partnis and how it gets installed? Thanks.

Crazy Ole Man

20200227_144241_HDR.jpg

20200227_144253_HDR.jpg

Not sure if this goes on "front" or "back"

20200227_144302_HDR.jpg

How is this installed please

Screenshot_20200227-145441.png

I'm pretty sure that part is made to eliminate the backing plate or shield..
Dsnt the backing plate shield house the brake lone tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom