Crazy Cruiser Commute (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It's rare that I see a nice Cruiser on my evening commute, but every once in a while I will see the occasional Cruiser. Today's commute was a little different. I stopped by the beach in Carlsbad for a run, and saw a nice 40 there. Heading home from there, I saw a beast of an 80 on Carlsbad Village. Black, built, rear bumper with a ladder, roof rack with an RTT, and a big Warn sticker on the left rear quarter panel. Not sure whose it is, but it was really nicely built. Half a block later, I saw that same 40 with surfboards on top.

Jumped on the 78 to head inland, and got honks and waves from a nicely built FJ Cruiser. Just a little further down the road, I passed Noah in his 80 going the other way. At this point, I was thinking it was pretty strange to see so many nice Cruisers. Just then, I got passed in traffic by another 40. Crazy. And a little further down was an FJ Cruiser going the other way with an RTT. Several cars behind him, we're two stock 80's, which was just odd to see a couple 80's following each other.

Definitely was not my typical commute home today. Just needed to see a 60 and a 200 to hit for the cycle. And yes, I am admittedly a Cruiser nerd.

And my wife thought I was crazy when I went nuts watching the orangutan movie at Balboa Park Fleet Museum when I saw numerous cruisers being used in it! I feel much better now Adam! Nice drive home!!

I'm the same way. Its great to be part of the unofficial Cruiser Club. Most built cruiser drivers either wave or give me a thumbs up when we pass. Heck, I've even meet a couple of nice owners pumping gas in Tierrasanta!

Yeah, I've been to lunch with co-workers and they are blown away when another built Cruiser rolls by and casual waves of approval are given.

And my wife thinks I'm nuts too. Although, I've been conditioning her over these years to where she will now sometimes call me at work if she sees a 40 or a built 80 when she is out and about. So proud of her.....

I have to admit I do like the stares and lusting looks that the jeep owners give me when I'm driving around in my 40. Unfortunately I don't see to many built up cruisers driving around east county.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom