Crash, fixing progress & questions.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

so, yeah, I'm an idiot and didn't see a tram from my right side; yup, really small one. Oh well.

Looking for parts of body somewhere close to europe (czech republic). I know this is a very wild shot but does anybody know about some wreckers around here?

Specifically the right A column is what I need the most. Figured maybe the UK might be a good source as I reckon most of the crashes will go to the opposite side..

Thanks for any clues and sorry for your time otherwise :)

bouracka.jpg

As mentioned, Garry (above)

Also, try eBay.co.uk there’s a number of breakers on there

So, thanks for all the input, I'm slowly moving forward :) tried the suggestions but it's all way too expensive. Luckily I've bumped for a rusted out 1HZ with all manual windows, no central locking, simple stupid heater for USD 6,100 which I'm taking cab from and if I'll be able to get some missing parts I'll be able to make both cars road worthy.

We've finished transferring the bodies of the vehicles, therefore my ,new' car is sitting on my old frame, engine, etc.

Now to my question; there's a huge problem with wiring my 1993 auto tranny to the 1hz manual cab. I'm planning to solve that by buying a pre 1992 tranny which is fully hydraulic. Does anybody know about any caveats I should know before I go this way? The other option is taking my old 93 tranny and transferring the whole cowl wiring harness to the ,new' cab.. but I kind of hate the idea of a super complicated wiring in the whole car just because of shifting.. the wiring in my ,old' car was crazy to say the least, created by mating several cowl harnesses just to make it somehow work. I'd be super glad to leave all that crap behind.

I searched through the FSMs and the only things I can see:
- connection of the shift lever position indicator on the dash panel might be a problem as there's PRND2L, the new one will be PRND32L - but I guess I just won't connect it, thus I guess I'll have no A/T Park indicatior either. I only would like to have the temperature warning light and I guess I'll be somehow able to wire it directly
- I'll have to find the PRND32L shifter. Is it necessary though? I mean if the car would be able to shift PRND only, I would be happy until I find the correct shifter..
- throttle kick down cable will have to be somehow bolted to the new body
- no clue about the speedometer cable. I sincerely hope they are compatible.

17373_6bd5c75654db531685d335c05652d950.jpg

IMG_20220430_100703_01.jpg

IMG_20220509_205112_01.jpg

IMG_20220509_205117_01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom