Crankshaft pulley help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got a new used pulley its on the rig, but I can only get it torqed to about 80ft lbs. I read it calls for 130 lbs. But when I use the torque wrench it turns the motor, even with the rig in 4low and break on, the motor still turn to the compression stroke. Its a pain in the butt. Any suggestions about to get this thing torqued? I also tried a belt around the pulley but its just not enough.

Help

prybar in the ring gear; may require a helper.

Yup, prybar on the flywheel is your best bet.

I read it calls for 130 lbs.

Uhhh... you might want to check that. I know the crank bolt on the 3FE is supposed to have 254 ft-lbs on it, not sure about the 2F though. I would think it would be similar.

Remove the cover at the back of the oil pan. You should be able to see the flywheel.

You will put the bar against the ring gear. Depending on the size of pry bar you use will depend on wherether or not you can just stick it in the inspection cover hole in the bell housing on the passenger side of the engine compartment.

If it was me, which it has been before, I would go get a 3 foot chain wrench, then put an old belt on the crankshaft pulley and wrap the chain around the pulley and torque it to 130 lbs. I have done this with a 4runner and got it torqued to 220 lbs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom