Crankshaft position sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wayne

Bought by His blood, kept by His power
Threads
I have a crankshaft position sensor leak oil :-\ and there is no gasket or o-ring to replace ???. What would make the sensor leak, and how would you repair it ??? ???? A new sensor cost $112.00 at the stealer :p. Does anyone have any experience with this leak?

thebadfairy

my distributor/ crank position sensor on my 93 had an O-ring that eneded replaced. It was leaking oil fairly badly.
Are you sure your's doesn't have one? I think maybe it does, but I don't know about later engines

I haven't pulled the sensor to see if it has an o-ring, but the local Toyota parts guy looked it up on his computer and it did not show a gasket or o-ring in the parts break down. The sensor housing looks like it is made out for black hard rubber or durable plastic, and it my be leaking around or through the wiring. I was hoping someone with a 1FZFE had solve this leak problem.

thebadfairy

Christo,

Are you saying you replaced the O ring, or the entire $100 sensor?

DougM

90919-05022

List $100.66, used on 95 up only.

D-

Another bonus for the big tranny crowd :flipoff2:.

Heh.....

:beer: :whoops: (SNICKERING IN BARLEY POP)

Christo, thanks for the feedback :D. I'll probably try some different sealants to try and stop the leak....... if no luck, I'll have to admit defeat and buy a new one :mad:.

I was happy to hear the sensor can be removed without having to drain the oil...... :D :D

Thanks,

thebadfairy :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom