Crankshaft position Sensor oil leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys, the dealer is telling me they don't have and cannot get the oring seal that is on the Crankshaft Position Sensor (bottom front of the upper oil pan)! I've looked everywhere for this little odd looking oring (has a inner flange on it) and mine needs to be replaced bad.

What is everyone doing for this? Vendor recommended replacing the entire sensor which comes with the special oring at $196 bucks before tax!

Let me know guys, thinking of putting some Black RTV or the red Loctight form-a-gasket on the existing Oring and going back together...

I just fipg that bad boy and send it. Have 10k on my current truck with this done And 3k on e engine right rebuilt and sold. No issues. The problem with a oring kit is the stock one is a much thicker more robust oring than my universal kits had. You could def do a close size and see if it works. I think I got the fipg idea from @OTRAMM?

Double o-ring trick worked great for me.

Okay, so I went and got a 19mm X 2.5mm regular oring today at O’Reily’s. The 19mm measurement is the ID and it’s 2.5mm thick. It fit perfectly in the recess on the oil pan. I added a dab of axel grease to make it stick there and put the sensor back in. Torque the little nuts to 78 in lbs. and we’ll see…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom