Cranking strong but won’t start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys got a bit of an issue

Was disconnecting the batteries to change the clutch on my fan (1994 80 series GXL AUTO, 1FZ-FE) and arced on the radiator mount while undoing the terminal

Changed everything, put battery box and shroud back in and now she won’t start, I took a test light and tested the female fusible link (battery side) with a testing light and I have power I tried running a bridge but no luck so obviously it’s not that side

how do I go about testing the male end of the fusible link? (The engine bay side) and if it’s screwed how do I go about changing it? As I haven’t come across the male end of the plug at Toyota only the female end

Also I might add I have the tick when turning on the ignition but it’s very quiet, no dash lights come on when ignition is on ( have checked the ignition and EFI fuses both in car and in the fuse box under the hood) and nothing is blown

I legit had the same problem last time when a friend done some work on it, bridged the fusible link with a piece of wire and it worked fine, this time it’s not. changed it out for a new one and was working fine and now this has happened a second time, silly me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom