Crank Pulley/Harmonic Balancer Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OKMike

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy All:

Disassembling my 1982 2F engine to take parts to the machine shop. Got the crank nut off with no issues using an impact. Before I start yanking on stuff and hooking up pullers wanted to see if the crank pulley and Harmonic Balancer come off as one unit or do I remove the pulley first the the HB? I see the threaded holes in the pulley--assume I find the right size bolts and use a puller? Will they both come off at once or is it one after the other? Thanks!

They should come off as one unit.

They should come off as one unit.
Thanks a million. That makes sense. I’m new to the 2F motor and am leery about yanking on stuff until I know the deal. :)

Howdy All:

Disassembling my 1982 2F engine to take parts to the machine shop. Got the crank nut off with no issues using an impact. Before I start yanking on stuff and hooking up pullers wanted to see if the crank pulley and Harmonic Balancer come off as one unit or do I remove the pulley first the the HB? I see the threaded holes in the pulley--assume I find the right size bolts and use a puller? Will they both come off at once or is it one after the other? Thanks!
Hi Mike, what size socket did you use for that crank nut?

Thanks

Hi Mike, what size socket did you use for that crank nut?

Thanks
46mm. Had to order it on line.

35323674-F507-44BC-9537-12A8DA2FA9D2.jpeg

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom