Crank case breather smoke (1 Viewer)

I'm waiting on a quote to come back on a 2F rebuild. I'd keep the stock 4 speed right now and hopefully scoop up a used bell housing here on MUD. Either way, the tear down begins tonight :grinpimp: IF the V8 conversion is cost prohibitive compared to rebuilding the 2F, then I'll go 2F.
The cost should between the 2 should be close. Advantage with a V8 is that parts are easier to get than the 2F. Advantage with the 2F, if it's done right, it will last a good 200k depending on driving style, and it's original, which will keep it's value if you ever decide to sell.

Just got a quote back for $2500.00 all in.....he actually has the pistons in stock

Just got a quote back for $2500.00 all in.....he actually has the pistons in stock
Does that include pulling the motor out, bore & hone, rebuild, and reinstalling the motor? If so, that is a great deal! The quote I got was just for the complete rebuild. I take the motor out, and I put it back in.

Includes everything but pulling and putting it back in. After doing more digging and since my head is new, I am just going to take the re-builder the short block and then re-assemble.....save my self even more money

Or you pop the head, run a ridge reamer around the cylinders, pull the pistons, hone it and put it all back together using standard or .010 over rings. Cost, somewhere around $200. You need to pull the head anyway just to find out what happened to #1. Could be a ring or a hole in the piston.
Yea that was what my plan until the #6 piston was scared to hell. f1.5 pistons (domed 4 ring) have been discontinued and are very hard to find. Spector offroad could not even get them and man-a-fre wanted 400 just for the pistons b/c they said they only had 1 set left! You are lucky to have a 2F. My machine shop found a set collecting dust in the shop and gave them to me for 220.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom