Craftsman Made in Taiwan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dont know if it has been discussed before, but it is new to me. Saw some Craftsman screwdriver bits that had Made in Taiwan stamped on the bit. Just like the stuff you can buy at the dollar store.

Sad but I think it is inevitable.

Made in the USA is really my only reason for buying Craftsman.

I don't get bent out of shape by the fact that our goods are made in other countries (especially when they are products I can't see myself producing) but by which countries. Made in Canada,Taiwan or Japan doesn't bother me but Made in China,Vietnam and Eygpt does. We should be trading with people who share our basic values.

Check out our trading partners. (Note China, Eygpt and the UAE)

Are you sure it wasn't their Sears brand? It's less quality than the Craftsman.

Also, I'm told that Kmart is now selling Craftsman tools. What is this country coming to?

With Sears owning Kmart know it was inevitable. Now there hopefully will be more places to go to exchange a tool when it goes bad. I believe that only 51% of the item needs to be made in the USA to be branded Made in the USA. Hopefully that percentage is actually higher but I had heard that the internals of the ratchet are made overseas and just the handle is made here in the states.

Not all factories in China are the same. In fact some of them are quite good at what they do. A buisiness has to make decisions that will keep it's staff employed and keep it growing (ie creating more jobs). Failure to remain competitive is a disservice to it's employees and customers.

svh78 said:
With Sears owning Kmart know it was inevitable. Now there hopefully will be more places to go to exchange a tool when it goes bad. I believe that only 51% of the item needs to be made in the USA to be branded Made in the USA. Hopefully that percentage is actually higher but I had heard that the internals of the ratchet are made overseas and just the handle is made here in the states.

Isn't it that Kmart that now owns Sears:confused:

Heffenoche said:
Isn't it that Kmart that now owns Sears:confused:

Quite right. Whoda thunkit?

I don't mind things not Made-in-USA so much, but I DO mind all the made in China stuff.
The Chnese are going to take over the world, economically. Plus, they're freakin' COMMIES :eek:
If you get something for cheap, and it is made in China, that's one thing. What really grinds my gears is all the expensive stuff that is made in China.
I was in Las Vegas, and looked in the Kenneth Cole store (expensive, designer, but kinda cool clothes) and EVERYTHING was made in China. I'm talking about $140 button-down shirts.
I can see a $10 WalMart shirt being made in China, but a $140 shirt?!?! (Not that I buy $140 shirts).

There is a a lot of stuff at premium prices that is made in China. It is amazing when you really start looking at lables.

I'll take Japan, Taiwan, the UK, Australia, any of our allies (not the freakin' French of course), but I'm doing everything I can to avoid made in China or other sketchy countries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom