Cracked Rear Seat - LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
All, this is the rear seat on an LX470. 2006 Model I believe, owned by my work colleague.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to repair this?
My first thoughts were:

1) Replace seat by purchasing used seat from similar LX470
2) Look for seat specific part from someone's used seats and simply replace the plastic or..

3) find some way to melt-reseal that plastic, perhaps by contacting a restoration upholstery shop.

Cheap is probably the most important virtue here. ALL thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

Cheers!
cracked seat.jpg

Don't even try and tell me I'm the only control freak on this site that wants to repair it for no other reason than absurd commitment to being detailed.

Last edited:
No, you aren't the only one! :)

I would try to source a whole new seat (or trade with someone who doesn't care about the cracked plastic). I would sell you one of mine cheap, but I only have gray.

You could get the cover off and do some plastic welding, but prob will look bad still. Or throw $100 at someone that is anal expulsive for a trade.

Only you or whoever the owner is can decide cost/benefit, but that being said I cannot imagine being able to fix that with a new part from the dealer or junkyard for less than several hundred dollars or more. To me fixing it would be worth it for less than $100, but anything greater than that seems like a huge waste of money.

I agree with the others, leave it alone.

Or epoxy it and clamp it down... The crack will be less obvious then.

No, you aren't the only one! :)

I would try to source a whole new seat (or trade with someone who doesn't care about the cracked plastic). I would sell you one of mine cheap, but I only have gray.

I appreciate that very much.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the folks that say leave it. It's not something you see. But if you've just picked up your LC, you start to think it's a crack that will grow.

Ganndolf for the win.

Thank you sir, that will likely be the decision. Btw, I agree that I'd probably not touch it and things would be fine, but if you'd justed picked up an LC, and planned on keeping it awhile, you'd hate to put something small that is easy to fix off until later..

Ganndolf for the win.

Thank you sir, that will likely be the decision. Btw, I agree that I'd probably not touch it and things would be fine, but if you'd justed picked up an LC, and planned on keeping it awhile, you'd hate to put something small that is easy to fix off until later..
I am going through the same exact stuff with my new cruiser, I want everything to be perfect on it! if I was you I would probably buy a new on to replace the cracked one:D! I just like things to be perfect! haha, be careful how much time you spend on that site! it can get expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom