Cracked radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in the same boat 210k lx570 2010 pink explosion and today all the dealer pages show the radiator is remanufactured.

I called a couple Toyota dealers who confirmed this is the part and they don't know why it says reman either. Best price I saw is $301 free shipping from San Diego.
Be careful shipping a radiator, I just did this and had it damaged, looked like it was kicked in on the sides, Toyota dealer doesn’t want to hear it and filed a claim with the credit card company, I would call whoever you order from and ask for very good extra packaging if you have one shipped, sucks

you are the man @TLC2013 thank you!
You are welcome, happy to help. It’s easy to get carried away with “while you are in there” for parts to replace. At the bare minimum I would do the water pump along with the radiator. I was at 85k when I did the radiator (due to the crack) and decided to take care of the whole cooling system and accessories. The only thing I didnt do was the fan clutch.

Be careful shipping a radiator, I just did this and had it damaged, looked like it was kicked in on the sides, Toyota dealer doesn’t want to hear it and filed a claim with the credit card company, I would call whoever you order from and ask for very good extra packaging if you have one shipped, sucks
This! Many of us have had radiators damaged in shipping.

It’s worth seeing whether any dealers within a couple hours have discount sites.. even if it costs more than the places a few states away avoiding the hassle is worth some extra money.

This! Many of us have had radiators damaged in shipping.

It’s worth seeing whether any dealers within a couple hours have discount sites.. even if it costs more than the places a few states away avoiding the hassle is worth some extra money.
I got a refund from my credit card as the Toyota dealer ignored my contact after I received the damaged radiator, I called local dealers and one had it for $430, plus he said he can do 10% off which is a few bucks more then what I ordered the other for. Doesn’t hurt to ask if they have any discounts.

remanradiatorproductpage.PNG
PXL_20221006_145105154[1].jpg

Wouldn't you know it the new 'remanufactured?' radiator is leaking from the lower part of the rear seam of the top tank.

My mechanic noticed the leak when he was looking for a "grinding" metal hitting metal noise, which may be timing chain slap. I did a short term fix, and have since received a replacement radiator. I am in the process of ordering new water pump, hoses, thermostat housing, serpentine belt and tensioner in order to get it all done while in there.

I marked one of the photos with a red smudge on the left of the patch to show where a small seep had started again after patching. Mental note, if need to do again, allow larger overlap of patch material.
12B1AB34-0DAB-43E0-93F2-D7801AA43500_1_105_c.jpeg
0B98E94D-F67D-46AD-9A00-BAF0E97CBDB1_1_105_c.jpeg
C4274290-B6A3-4931-B416-DFF1C9C8974F_1_105_c.jpeg
0F3C3E81-28FD-4664-B420-181A7C92F339_1_201_a.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom