Cracked radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2013 with about 150k and just noticed a puddle in the driveway. Popped the hood and found coolant everywhere! Cleaned that up and started the truck to find a crack in the top of the radiator near the raised label plate…just had this truck at the dealership for new tires and an oil change too. So bummed, searched mud immediately and looks like I’m not the first to have a crack in the same spot either. Hard to see in the pic but it’s just where the label plate starts to rise up…anyone get a quote for a new radiator recently?

E12F3BEA-5D14-4DD1-81ED-ACEC60B0227D.jpeg

86D50C0A-43E6-4516-852A-D8EC7D379EB8.jpeg

1405C1C8-FDB8-4AA0-A45F-774B0A38FB1D.jpeg

Last edited:
right here there’s a hairline crack, it leaks when running.

194DD725-9688-4843-B75B-D4360029F162.jpeg

CT dealer prices were anywhere from 1300-1500 as of a month ago

Unfortunately your right on schedule for this failure. Online price for new OEM radiator is about $400. It isn’t too hard to replace yourself if you are inclined. There are also a lot of “while your in there” opportunities too. t least replace your hoses too now.

Also, be sure to replace with OEM radiator not aftermarket. I didn’t do that and had failure within 2 years. OEM now and all good.

Unfortunately your right on schedule for this failure. Online price for new OEM radiator is about $400. It isn’t too hard to replace yourself if you are inclined. There are also a lot of “while your in there” opportunities too. t least replace your hoses too now.

Also, be sure to replace with OEM radiator not aftermarket. I didn’t do that and had failure within 2 years. OEM now and all good.
Does anyone make a quality all aluminum oem replacement?

Does anyone make a quality all aluminum oem replacement?
I’ve never seen on for a 200 but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Personally I don’t see a need for that. The new OEM radiator fixes the stress riser that caused your failure.

Thanks for the info! Just got off the phone with my extended warranty rep and was told the radiator wasn’t specifically called out in the covered items or excluded items and would need the repair facility to call with an estimate…ugh.the water pump is though so maybe I can get that tossed in for some peace of mind.

I would go with the new OEM replacement. It has addressed this problem.

Thanks for the info! Just got off the phone with my extended warranty rep and was told the radiator wasn’t specifically called out in the covered items or excluded items and would need the repair facility to call with an estimate…ugh.the water pump is though so maybe I can get that tossed in for some peace of mind.
Be sure you tell them that ambiguities in a contract are interpreted in favor of the non-drafting party (you) and that they need to honor it bc they screwed up, if the contract is actually vague on this issue.

My guess is there is boilerplate that says “anything not specifically stated as covered is not covered under this contract” or something to that tune though.

This is not legal advice etc

Toyota quoted $1800 for the radiator install with water pump, no new hoses. Going back and forth with the warranty rep now. First they told Toyota nothing was covered. I harassed them myself and was told just the water pump would be covered for $280.

So I called the dealership the warranty was purchased from to cancel the useless warranty and get the remaining $800 warranty value refunded. They were appalled at the lack of coverage and made a call themselves, this time toyota was offered $780 towards the $1800 bill. I complained again to the purchasing dealership and was told the entire bill would be covered, but Toyota has not received that offer as of 4:30 today. Such a PITA

Would replacing a radiator on a LC200 be in the same difficulty realm as a GX470? Just asking bc I replaced the one in our GX470 myself and wondering if I’d be up for the task on a 200.

Would replacing a radiator on a LC200 be in the same difficulty realm as a GX470? Just asking bc I replaced the one in our GX470 myself and wondering if I’d be up for the task on a 200.
The 200 looks really easy, 4 bolts, trick to take of the side brackets off and leave on one for removal, also the bottom trans cooler lines seem to get hung up on when going to remove the radiator but 2 people can maneuver it, there’s a couple good videos on YouTube, I’m waiting on a radiator to do this job, having issues getting one not damaged in shipping

The 200 looks really easy, 4 bolts, trick to take of the side brackets off and leave on one for removal, also the bottom trans cooler lines seem to get hung up on when going to remove the radiator but 2 people can maneuver it, there’s a couple good videos on YouTube, I’m waiting on a radiator to do this job, having issues getting one not damaged in shipping
Thanks. Sounds about like what I did on the GX! I did it myself although pulling it out after everything was unbuttoned solo was difficult.

Thanks. Sounds about like what I did on the GX! I did it myself although pulling it out after everything was unbuttoned solo was difficult.
So I had a thought on this, I received a radiator that’s damaged in the mail but I was looking at the trans lines in and out, they are screwed fittings into the radiator itself, if it wasn’t corroded can’t you unscrew them? Then your just dealing with the neck to remove on the bottom and reinstalling the new radiator the trans lines point up so they wouldn’t be too likely to get snagged going down, just a thought I had

So I had a thought on this, I received a radiator that’s damaged in the mail but I was looking at the trans lines in and out, they are screwed fittings into the radiator itself, if it wasn’t corroded can’t you unscrew them? Then your just dealing with the neck to remove on the bottom and reinstalling the new radiator the trans lines point up so they wouldn’t be too likely to get snagged going down, just a thought I had

Don't mess with the big bolts. The o-rings that seal the trans cooler into the lower tank are behind them. Just move the clamps on your lines and transfer things over.

I replaced mine in March and it was pretty easy, just time consuming. The youtube videos are helpful to reference.

I feel like I have seen it before, but couldnt find it right now. Maybe someone can link me. What's the part list for the OEM hoses and radiator? Anything else you should swap while in there? I'm at 75k miles.

I feel like I have seen it before, but couldnt find it right now. Maybe someone can link me. What's the part list for the OEM hoses and radiator? Anything else you should swap while in there? I'm at 75k miles.

Post 905 is what I replaced when I did the radiator

00674AF0-05B5-42C9-A1B4-D19EE5E78BD3.jpeg

I'm in the same boat 210k lx570 2010 pink explosion and today all the dealer pages show the radiator is remanufactured.

I called a couple Toyota dealers who confirmed this is the part and they don't know why it says reman either. Best price I saw is $301 free shipping from San Diego.

you are the man @TLC2013 thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom