cracked pvc pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As one of the identified problems with my fairly newly purchased '87 60, the mechanic at the stealership identified a cracked metal pvc pipe. He said this is quite common and actually gave me the SOR part number for the stainless steal replacement. Well, I lost the number. Can anyone identify where this pipe might be located so I can id it on the tech manual schematic?

The "PCV pipe" I think is attached to the engine block on the passenger side of the engine (where the PCV valve attachs to the block). This doesn't seem to be something that can be replaced. GLTHFJ60 provided the spector link to the EGR pipe, which Spector does sell a stainless replacement for. Make sure you need an EGR pipe and not a PVC pipe. The EGR pipe is located on the drivers side of the engine and one end is connected to the exhaust pipe and the other to the EGR cooler (item 4 in the SOR picture).

I was about to start another thread, and saw this one. Anyway, I was looking at my engine the other day, and the L shaped pipe that comes out of the block is cracked/broken, and I figure it's something that should probably be fixed. Now I was just looking at the sor diagram here, http://www.sor.com/sor/cat030.tam?xax=2939&page.ctx=cat030.tam and that particular pipe doesn't have a number on it. So I'm guessing that can't be replaced. I am I right? So, I was thinking, I could get one or two pieces of piping, and put a larger one over that L shaped piece, put a smaller one over that first piece of pipe, and then put the pcv valve into the smaller one. Would this work? Or is there a simpler solution that I haven't thought of yet. I was also wondering if this could have anything to do with it idling a little bit rough, and not starting up as well as it did even a few weeks ago.

mister bean: Are you sure the pipe is cracked and not just the PCV grommet (item 22 on the SOR diagram)? I replaced my grommet, PCV valve and hoses recently. The grommet was hard, cracked and a real pain to get out ouf the pipe without letting too many little bits fall in the engine. It was so hard that at first I didn't think I had a grommet, but sure enough, it was there.

Ok, I can't determine if the egr pipe is cracked, but since the dealership said it is, then I assume it is. Looking at the SOR online catalogue, they have available a stainless steel one that "requires trimming". Anybody have experience putting this in and can explain the trimming? By the way, it's an '87 60.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom