Cracked Intake Manifold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
While replacing some hoses today, I took a look at the intake manifold. Believe it or not, I never noticed this in the 3 years I've owned (and worked on) this rig, but when I took a closer look at the intake manifold, here's what I saw (see attached pics). What does this look like to you guys? Perhaps the PO patched up a cracked intake manifold? Intake manifold cracks often result from overheating, right? This makes me wonder what else was done (HG?). This was a CPO vehicle bought from a Lexus dealer with all service records at 35k miles in 2002, but no mention of this in the extensive service history I got. :confused: Comments?
L1050433_LR.jpg
L1050434_LR.jpg

I think mine has lines in it similar to that, never looked at it as a crack. I just figured it was how it came?

Are you sure it's not just casting lines? I can't see a crack, but then again, I was just given a new prescription for glasses and not using any at the moment. Bad thing if it is, I'm blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. Oh well, back to my brael keyboard and internet.

Alaska,
I would have to say it's casting lines. In my experience aluminum does just crack, it breaks off.

Of course, you could put something() close to it while it's running and notice a change/draft/suction. I would say (Like a flame) but I would not want to be the cause of your engine catching on fire inside the plenum.

Alaska,
Your buddy Andrewsreef posted pics of his cracked intake but the pics seem to be gone from that thread. See if he'll send them to you and see if it's in the same place. He bought a used intake from Christo.
-B-

That's part of the casting.

Your truck would be running like a POS and your CE light would come on in a nanosecond.

Later.

cruiserdan said:
That's part of the casting.

Ditto, that is part of the casting, I have almost the same things on mine. HTH :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom