Cracked Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am in need of a bit of help. I just recently purchased a 69 FJ40 that I am attempting to fully restore to 100% stock. Well at least as close to stock as I can get. The engine had a blown head gasket so I removed the head and found it to be warped so I took it to a local machine shop for some milling. Unfortunately I have just been informed the head has 3 cracks in it so I am desperately looking for a replacement. I live in Spokane WA and have not had any luck in finding parts within the vicinity. Does anyone know of where I can find local parts (I don't mind driving to Idaho)? Or better yet does someone have a head they would be willing to part with? I am willing to pay for it.

Thanks,
Bracken

Thanks for the quick responses. I just posted in the want adds. I would still be curious if anyone is aware of any part shops in the Spokane WA or surrounding areas.

I've never paid for head;)

Ed

I've never paid for head;)

Ed

3 wives? Oh, yes you have....

Brackenb, how far into Idaho are you willing to drive? I'm about 6 hours away, and I g...have a good head

3 wives? Oh, yes you have....

That cuts........deep.:frown:

Wait, I gave you head and now your giving Brackenb head? This s*** has got to stop!

Brackenb, how far into Idaho are you willing to drive? I'm about 6 hours away, and I g...have a good head

Six hours. Don't think I can swing that. I'm going out on a limb here but would you be willing to ship it. I would compensate you for it.

PMing...

Must be a problem in Spokane, I'm in the exact same situation. There's a place in New Hampshire that sells heads for about 300 shipped to Spokane, or at least thats what I got from one phone call last week. The guys at the cylinder head shop on division have the number, or I can get it for you in a bit if you're interested.

Must be a problem in Spokane, I'm in the exact same situation. There's a place in New Hampshire that sells heads for about 300 shipped to Spokane, or at least thats what I got from one phone call last week. The guys at the cylinder head shop on division have the number, or I can get it for you in a bit if you're interested.

Thanks for the info. I have come across a few people that are getting rid of parts within the vicinity. One guy (Dave) has a cruiser parts yard in Cheney who is working on getting me a head. I also located another individual out in Bremerton who also has a large number of parts but Bremerton is a bit of a drive (3 hours) so hopefully Dave will come through. From what I have found many shops are charging an absorbent amount for f heads. With that said the guy in Bremerton is willing to sell me an running f motor, tranny w/ top mounted shifter and transfer case for $200. Sounds like a deal to me!

-Bracken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom