Cracked EGR pipe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used the SOR stainless EGR pipe? In the on-line catalogue, it mentiones trimming. Looking for how much trimming and how difficult a removal/installation. Any direction/advice would be appreciated.

Note that this question was originaly mis-titled under the thread cracked pvc pipe. Hopefully this title will generate some constructive responses :D

I bought one, looks great, if you but the right one... My mechanic ended up using some sort of hi-temp silicone hose to fix mine... I get some noise when I step on the pedal... That whole EGR setup is a nightmare to deal with. I changed out my exhaust manifold and bunged-up the pipe as it enters the manifold, took it to the mechanic and he did this fix, works well, you might explore that option, a good muffler shop can probably do the fix for you relatively cheap.

I thought your original post was about a broken PCP/crack pipe, can't help you there...

nial

^ i did the same thing as you. screwed mine up reinstalling after a manifold gasket job. i just bought a new pipe from the dealer. i figured it was worth the extra 15 to have it their the next day. actually its even less difference because their was no shippng cant wait to put it on sunday quiet the noise down

shiite. the install went great except the new pipe did have to be cut a little to fit and it had to be bent a little to get the big retainer nut thing to start threading again. just put in vice and bend a little inwards. (make sure you put the top section in vice if you use to bend so you dont ruin the pipe at the bottom. because if you flatten the round of the pipe causes another leak because the crush sleeve wont seat right.

oh yah and i dont know the metric size but had to use a 1 1/2 inch wrench with a little over half cutoff to get to that nut

beaufort-fj60 said:
which pipe, i took all that crapola off my 2f.
its the pipe that comes down of the exhuast manifold right next to the downpipe. it goes back into an egr thing on the side of the motor

sounds like you got it back on, if i remember right there was about 3 or 4 inchs of that pipe that fit into the egr cooler.

yah, actually i cut about an inch off. theres maybe 2 inches that go in. i dont know why they would make it where i had to bend and cutoff some.

I put one on my 81 FJ60. Had to cut it to fit as the instructions state. But it installed easily after the cut. I hope to have no more trouble from that beast. Good luck.

Thanks for the responses. I'll tackle that in the spring as it has started snowing here at Alta and the rig is in outside storage. I am hoping this will solve low RPM hesitation.

i think it will
it did help mine run alot better. if its cracke where mine is its probably drawing way to much clean air into the motor

When an egr cooler to manifold pipe cracks, it's usually not visable on a cool pipe. When the pipe heats up, the crack opens up, causing the leak. I had a cracked egr cooler to manifold pipe, and I couldn't even see the crack when my mechanic showed it to me, but it definately was visable after applying a special crack detection fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom