Cracked Drain plug on gearbox..Advice? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes I suppose it does ! See the plug on the picture ...

image-1329418105.jpg

Another thought is to clean up around the outside of the housing where the drain plug goes in. Have someone turn you a bushing to a very tight tolerance to this outside dimension. Put some epoxy around the drain housing. Heat the bushing and drive it over the housing.
One way to clean up around the housing and make sure that boss is round is the get a bolt or an old drain plug and carefully drill a center hole. Then with this bolt or drain plug installed use a hole saw with centering drill to go over the extruded boss shaving a little off it.

Another thought is to clean up around the outside of the housing where the drain plug goes in. Have someone turn you a bushing to a very tight tolerance to this outside dimension. Put some epoxy around the drain housing. Heat the bushing and drive it over the housing.
One way to clean up around the housing and make sure that boss is round is the get a bolt or an old drain plug and carefully drill a center hole. Then with this bolt or drain plug installed use a hole saw with centering drill to go over the extruded boss shaving a little off it.

I wonder a bit if there is an oetiker style ear clamp that would fit neatly around it?

I agree with others who wonder why it couldn't be welded in-situ. you'd want an experienced welder, sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom