Crack in da head šŸ§ (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Was doing some cleaning on the LC, upon further inspection found a small crack in the head . Crack is passenger side by cooling rail. Trying to figure out best course of action. I have read various things for jb weld or loctite. Another one said just weld it. This is the only spot I see leaking oil, no other cracks or oil leaking from what I can see.

Engine was fully rebuilt about 5k miles ago along with new water pump, thermostat, all new hoses, and radiator. So trying to avoid tearing into things again if I can help
It. I reached back to the place that rebuilt the engine as well just see what other thoughts or recommendations they have.

Hereā€™s a pic, if you zoom in you can see it. Should I go down the road of putting another or just do a quick repair?

C79C2A38-0AB1-4A06-8376-4193E8CA599B.jpeg

It's really tough to see but do you think the staining is caused by coolant?

This is prolly the best one. Donā€™t worry itā€™s there because I wipe the oil go for ride and then see oil in the same spot.

D8F01B94-347B-4A21-92EE-4D9B53C0809A.jpeg

I would eat off that thing. Impressive find. I still donā€™t see it. Its there, I believe you. This means I have about ten cracks in mine.

That looks pretty accessible, you might research stitch pins and see if you have enough room to repair with that methiod.

Yeah thinking just some type of weld or stitches. Yes engine is really clean basically a fully rebuilt engine from Jarco from top to bottom. Itā€™s really nice being able to actually work on things on the truck and not get covered in oil.

I see it...is there a warranty on the rebuilt motor?

how many miles since it was installed?

Yeah theres warranty on the rebuilt. I installed myself so they may come back say sorry it wasnā€™t installed by mechanic so weā€™re not gonna cover it. Prolly has about 6k miles since installed.

Yeah theres warranty on the rebuilt. I installed myself so they may come back say sorry it wasnā€™t installed by mechanic so weā€™re not gonna cover it. Prolly has about 6k miles since installed.
What a BS way of honoring the so called warranty. That crack has nothing to do with the installation. So basically there is no warranty if not installed by a qualified shop? Were you aware of that when you bought it?

I know we're past this point in your thread, but I think a q-tip dab of mineral oil would have highlighted the crack nicely for your photos. It "creeps" in, and makes the crack darker than the surrounding metal.

I know we're past this point in your thread, but I think a q-tip dab of mineral oil would have highlighted the crack nicely for your photos. It "creeps" in, and makes the crack darker than the surrounding metal.
I can try that.

What a BS way of honoring the so called warranty. That crack has nothing to do with the installation. So basically there is no warranty if not installed by a qualified shop? Were you aware of that when you bought it?
Will see I just emailed them today. Iā€™m sure they will stand behind there product. There a reputable place and have been really helpful on everything. I can buy a new head or get another pretty easy. Iā€™m just trying to avoid putting it on or paying someone.

More info here:

I ordered this stuff Amazon. Going to put it on and then go from there. Will let you know how it turns out.

8EEAAE5D-1670-4142-80AA-4031CFBC0EA6.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom