Coyote Flats / Plateau trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got this guidebook coming by early next week, and I know this trail is well documented in there, so I'll have it with us on the trip: http://www.funtreks.com/index.php?o...uctdetails&virtuemart_product_id=10&Itemid=59

You can also download corresponding GPS waypoint sets for each trail in their book for free from their website that you can load into your GPS device. I did this for the Coyote Flats trail, and the overlaid that in my GPS over the GPS track I linked to in the post just above, and it seems spot on. Just pick the trail(s) you wish to download for the waypoint set: http://www.funtreks.com/funtreks-articles/gps-downloads

I have this Funtreks book as well. I believe it is Run # 42
I will bring it along too.

Can the meet up time and location be posted once more...just to be sure. Thanks!

Hi Boys y Girls,

A pre pre checkin for the trip.

big question is: what do I stare at when I am drinking my beer at o'darkthirty?...as in the rumored no camp fires. Any ideas on this front?

On the more serious side, my wife and I won't know for sure if attending until Wednesday am due to 1) her work load, 2) stable internet at the no-tell-motel thurs and sun pm. They had problems a couple of weeks ago. Gotta have that....see reason 1. However, the cruiser is packed.........

I'll report in Wednesday.

Hi Boys y Girls,

A pre pre checkin for the trip.

big question is: what do I stare at when I am drinking my beer at o'darkthirty?...as in the rumored no camp fires. Any ideas on this front?

On the more serious side, my wife and I won't know for sure if attending until Wednesday am due to 1) her work load, 2) stable internet at the no-tell-motel thurs and sun pm. They had problems a couple of weeks ago. Gotta have that....see reason 1. However, the cruiser is packed.........

I'll report in Wednesday.

Glow sticks and disco ball. You mean you haven't done that mod on your rig yet? Should always be one of the first ones you do: lift, tires, disco ball, and not necessarily in that order.

I'm going to try to get up there early or call ahead about fire permits and what not. Maybe we'll luck out and get a bit of good news in that arena.

Hoping for the best on the misses' work load. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and a fun trip exploring the area.

Well, when it rain it pours.

I have been making some changes to the trailer and things were on schedule...then my back went out. On the way to the chiropractor today the 80's tach went out then on the way home the OD indicator started flashing. Good thing is the tach & indicator are probably related and I have good idea what the issue is. But fixing it all and finishing the trailer mods is contingent on how my back is doing.

Hopefully we'll see you out there and if we don't the rest of you have a great time and take some pictures.

Hi all,

Ok, my wife, ana, had given the a-ok to roll.

Thus, we will be meeting any/all at trailhead on Friday afternoon.

Note that we will be departing Sunday mid-day for overnight in Bishop.

We are in a silver '87 stock fj60, so if we look lost, point the other way:doh:

We are doing a full on stock up w. food/beverage etc in Bishop (feel pretty good about giving the locals my $$, having lived their life in a tourist area).

If you are in a bind for supplies, feel free to call/email as we will be in bishop Thursday.

Ana y Dave
c858-273-5809
c2 858-699-5931

P.S. We will have an antique CB, mid '70s vintage monitoring c19

OK-see everyone Friday 2pm in Bishop.

BTW, if anyone brings extra water and propane bottle, they can use my hot shower if theydon't have one.

Looking forward to the trip!
Thanks!

Anne

No, we (at least my wife and I) are alive.

First: many thanks go out to Adam, Marcus, and Ann for their contribution to a great trip!. Adam and Marcus ran point while Ann graciously made sure I didn't fall off the back end of the convoy. Thanks are thrown out to Noah as well for the preliminary motivation.

As usual, there is always a set back (this case minor). As I was running a carburetor rig ('87 FJ 60), I actually ran out of atmospheric air due to elevation! We figure that happened at around 10.5 K feet, about a mile short of the final destination (Hidden lake trail head). Probably due to a combination of original carb and other vacuum related do-dads.

My wife and I set up shop where the truck died, while Ann and Adam drove up to the original base camp. My wife and I hiked up the next day, then we all hiked (the long, steep way) to Hidden lake.

Next day, we got my rig started, then I beat a hasty retreat to lower elevation. Truck ran great! Managed 14+ MPG up and back to Dana Point. Adam and Ann continued on to greater adventures and we are eagerly awaiting their update.

Also, a huge thanks goes out to JM of Lone Pine who offered his assistance/shop for repairs. We ran into him (he in a carbed 60) and his posse just as we were headed down. Luckily we didn't have to take him up on his kind offer.

All in all, a great trip w. great scenery! Once Adam and Ann get back and we coordinate, we hope to post a report w. pics.

Yours truly!

Just got back home. Had a great trip. We'll get pics and a trip report up soon, but in the meantime, here's a teaser:

image-3294161018.jpg

image-2313672067.jpg

Just got back home. Had a great trip. We'll get pics and a trip report up soon, but in the meantime, here's a teaser:

Wish we could of made it, look forward to the rest of the pictures.

Next time - my knee will be able to handle the long drive and hiking! Can't wait for the report and pics.

I'm going to try and post my pix of the trip if I can figure out this site...

Bummer I missed this, already had adventure guides trip planned with my daughter.

Anne I am glad you made it on this trip, you can now lead the beach n toys group next time:)

Look forward to a trip report at our next BnT meeting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom