Coyote Canyon with a 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done or seen a 100 Series Cruiser do Coyote Canyon in Anza Borrego? Plan on heading out there sometime soon, and I just want to make sure that the 100 isnt too wide or long for the trail.

I'm new to the 100 and i've only taken it out once so far to Corral Canyon and scratched the hell out of because it was so wide haha. However, I got them all out with some Prima Amigo glaze wax.

Has anyone done or seen a 100 Series Cruiser do Coyote Canyon in Anza Borrego? Plan on heading out there sometime soon, and I just want to make sure that the 100 isnt too wide or long for the trail.

I'm new to the 100 and i've only taken it out once so far to Corral Canyon and scratched the hell out of because it was so wide haha. However, I got them all out with some Prima Amigo glaze wax.

As long as you have a mild lift- you will be fine- full size trucks do it and you would be suprised what people drive through there.

I've been up it with a stock height 80 series. Was on 285's instead of stock 275's is all IIRC.

Personally, I think you'd be fine, especially since they flattened everything out and chopped back the one rock that gave H2's problems. Shoot, if an H2 with it's width can get up it, you'll be fine in a 100.

I've also been with a group with one completely stock 4runner with street tires and he made it. That was before they made it easier. Admittedly, the 4runner is not as wide, but had absolutely no lift.

Go for it!

Sounds good! Any other trails in Borrego that you guys recommend also?

when are you planning on going?

If you don't mind company then ping me when your dates are settled.

:cheers: :cheers:

Sounds good! Any other trails in Borrego that you guys recommend also?

Easy trails are Fonts Point, great view just soft sand to get there, all aroun Ocotillo wells are trails, you can pick up a map at the rangers station. These include pumkin patch, mud pots, shell reef etc. All easy beginners trails with coll things to see.

just go, that place is a paved road at this point, you will be fine.

Noah

Agreed. I went out there (in my 80) about six weeks ago with a buddy in a stock Jeep, and he made it through with zero issues. True, he was narrower than your 100, but there really aren't any trouble spots any more. We stopped at the ranger station before heading out, and they had talked about how they just smoothed it out even more so than before. You'll be fine.

They totally leveled it. I was there 3 weeks ago or so. Went up in stock 80 with street tires, no locker no problem.

annoying that the rangers do this, I remember when it was an actual challenge to get up there and once you got up there it was only a few people, too bad....

I remember when there was no bypass and you drove through all the willows and the trail took you all the way through to Anza :crybaby:.

Damn, that sucks. I hoping for a challenge.

They totally leveled it. I was there 3 weeks ago or so. Went up in stock 80 with street tires, no locker no problem.

What I heard from one of the rangers on the reason for leveling it out some was to allow easier access for the INS.

Don't get us wrong, you still need a 4x4, but it's not the reasonable challenge it used to be a few years ago.

It's still fun, and very scenic, but not really a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom