Cowl Panel Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Gents!

I have a 62 that i'll be visiting in a scrap yard this Saturday and wanted to know the easiest way of removing this panel without damaging it or the shell its attached to.....has anyone removed this panel before?

I need these sections to restore my 62 as i have re-bodied it. To sum up without too much confusion, its a right hand drive body sitting on a left hand drive chassis. I need to convert the RHD body to suit the LHD chassis so i can move on with my restoration.

There's no easy way to remove it. It's spot-welded around the bottom of the windshield frame, down the sides and along the lip near the top of the firewall. All spot welds need to be drilled out with a spot weld cutter.

I have removed one resently, it is very time consuming, every spot weld needs to be drilled out along with the seam sealer being split.

It's a pain in the butt, it can be done in a day. I removed and welded one back on. It's all in my build thread. Don't know what page it's on right off hand.

There's no easy way to remove it. It's spot-welded around the bottom of the windshield frame, down the sides and along the lip near the top of the firewall. All spot welds need to be drilled out with a spot weld cutter.

I have removed one resently, it is very time consuming, every spot weld needs to be drilled out along with the seam sealer being split.

It's a pain in the butt, it can be done in a day. I removed and welded one back on. It's all in my build thread. Don't know what page it's on right off hand.

Thank you so much for the heads up guys, looks like i'll be taking a drill and an angle grinder. They've got to come out. In addition to all the air-conditioning bits i'll be taking, i'll snap some photos of the rig and post them back up here.

Love this forum for the info:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom